• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

With all the Puig drama, I'm glad Trout is drama-free

Michifan

This.

I would prefer the Angels make the playoffs than worrying about this type of crap.

I disagree. 

This is a topic for discussion. It's not crap. The playoffs has nothing to do with this topic. 

It's simple comparison of two young, super talented players in the game that are worlds apart as far as character. 

If a thread doesn't appeal to you, save your comments maybe?

Where? I live in LA and I can't seem to find any?

EDIT: I only ask because I think we'd get along pretty well. :P

It's funny because I don't hate Puig. I don't hate any players, really. I like the great players like Puig and Harper regardless of their personality or showboating because they're damn fun players to watch.

I strongly dislike Ian Kinsler and Josh Beckett however.

I disagree.

This is a topic for discussion. It's not crap. The playoffs has nothing to do with this topic.

It's simple comparison of two young, super talented players in the game that are worlds apart as far as character.

If a thread doesn't appeal to you, save your comments maybe?

This is totally a good topic for a discussion.

Count me in the camp that likes how Cubans play baseball. I prefer players to have a bit of style and pizzazz than the stodgy old preference many members of the BBWAA seemingly have.

That said, Puig is an odd character.

Rest assured, your posts on a message board have exactly zero impact on that.

Your posts about every subject on here are equally as irrelevant to the Angels making the playoffs as anybody else's.

Well, if you believe in an infinite number of multiverse this is not the case. That said, there are probably more parallel universes where Brandon Wood makes his triumphant return the 2014 Angels and has a 15 WAR season than posts here impacting the Angels 2014 playoff odds.

Everyone loves Trout. I haven't heard one person say they don't like him.

Puig, on the other hand, has a ton of haters. I'm very happy to have Trout and his drama free self. 

You obviously haven't read the comment sections of any Bryce Harper articles.  Lots of Trout haters in there.

Since no one else will say it:

Thank you Mark Texeria and the New York Yankees!

And . . . the Nationals, Mariners, Padres, Pirates, Orioles, Giants, Braves, Reds, Tigers, Rockies, Royals, A's, Rangers, Indians, Dbacks, Marlins, Cardinals, Blue Jays, Astros, Twins, and White Sox.

I thought all those teams had better scouting than the Angels?

Puig is a class A jerkwad that is going to find a way to get benched more than once this season for discipiline.

Again.

Edited by Eric Notti

Puig might have a lower baseball IQ than Aybar. That's...special

That made me laugh out loud.

My point in starting this topic was just that I find character a real asset in a player, and in young players sometimes a deficiency due to a maturity level. Maybe I'm old, and that is entirely possible. But I think of myself at Trout's age, and I would not have had the character or the grace or humility to handle myself as he has. I think that also is a tangible asset to a team and to its team demeanor and clubhouse. The Spurs in basketball may be accused of being boring in basketball for their drama-free and rather selfless team approach, but it's hard to argue with their success. 

At the risk of Jetering up the thread, I think we're seeing firsthand what role these players have in the lives of young impressionable fans. Trout's favorite player growing up was and continues to be a class act. Not surprising. I believe this calls for a statue, a painting, or at least a nice gift basket.