• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Puig Circus Starts in Sydney. Mattingly Not Happy

Mattingly better be careful here. If it comes down to the Dodgers having to choose between him and Puig because the two can't function on the same team then Mattingly is gone automatically.

Disagree. If Puig is a cancer in the clubhouse, more than likely the players will back Mattingly. I also can't think of a situation where a single player had a manager fired. IF the Dodgers fire Don because of Puig, then good luck trying to find a manger that will walk into that nightmare of an organization (one that doesn't back their manager).

There was a good article in the paper about Puig and the other Cuban players.  In some tournament in Latin America, Puig got into trouble for shoplifting some shoes.  His Cuban coaches said the he was a "wild horse" that needed to be controlled.

Other players are already in his face, and it's game 2. The highly paid veteran players should scare him into shape before Donnie has to do much more.

They have tried. Yesterday after one of his baserunning gaffs, Adrian tried to talk him in Spanish. Although the people hearing the conversation didn't understand Spanish, they said that Puig's tone was combative.

They have tried. Yesterday after one of his baserunning gaffs, Adrian tried to talk him in Spanish. Although the people hearing the conversation didn't understand Spanish, they said that Puig's tone was combative.

I'll wager that even I know many of the Spanish words and phrases used in that exchange.

Edited by Homebrewer

I'll wager that even I know many of the Spanish words and phrases used in that exchange.

Depends on how familiar you are with Cubans -- because Cubans/Dominicans/Puerto Ricans tend to use colorful "Spanish" language not commonly in use in SoCal.  

Edited by Inside Pitch

One of the problems with the Dodgers is that it's a team full of good veterans.  Puig is a big fish in a pond.  Problem is there are bigger fish.  In all reality, Puig should be a draw like Trout, but he's a spotlight on the team in the wrong way.  

I can't wait till Puig starts complaining about the contract he signed.  Dodgers have him signed for 5 more years for $26 million.  If Puig gets to the point that the Dogs cut him loose.  I can see a Puig for Stanton and prospects trade.  

One of the problems with the Dodgers is that it's a team full of good veterans.  Puig is a big fish in a pond.  Problem is there are bigger fish.  In all reality, Puig should be a draw like Trout, but he's a spotlight on the team in the wrong way.  

I can't wait till Puig starts complaining about the contract he signed.  Dodgers have him signed for 5 more years for $26 million.  If Puig gets to the point that the Dogs cut him loose.  I can see a Puig for Stanton and prospects trade.  

The real question is just how big is the pond?