• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pena, Tracy, Torrealba cut; LeBlanc to minor league camp

We brought a lot of those guys in because they were good in the clubhouse. Guess that veteran leadership will now rest with McDonald, Ibanez and Pujols.

That is until McDonald gets upset when Grant Green takes his AB's and C.J. Cron takes DH away from Ibanez when he's hitting .220. Then you'll may see the sour grapes return.

I don't see McDonald being too consumed by how many at bats he gets. His strengths will be late innings defense upgrade and mentoring the younger players.

Can he play 3B in addition to the MI spots?

If so, then the Freese D concerns in the 8th/9th innings can be somewhat minimized.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Yeah, I imagine he'll be cut shortly, too.  Maybe he didn't have a Sunday deadline in his deal like the others?

I think I read the Angels have until the 30th to decide what to do with Stewart.

I don't McDonald being too consumed by how many at bats he gets. His strengths will be late innings defense upgrade and mentoring the younger players.

Can he play 3B in addition to the MI spots?

If so, then the Freese D concerns in the 8th/9th innings can be somewhat minimized.

It wouldn't shock me to see McDonald do exactly what you're saying and spelling Freese at third for defensive reasons when they have a lead late in a game.

I agree that Stewart will accept an assignment to SLC and will be a 4-A type player there and will likely see some time in Anaheim this year.

McDonald knows his role with the Halos and won't be crying over losing ABs to Grant Green -- there won't be all that many ABs to lose.

McDonald will also get the nod for starts where Aybar can't play and we might see a role reversal in the sense that McDonald will get the start but when the team needs some offense about the 7th inning of a close game, Grant Green will hit for McDonald.

as for the other guys -- not sure why they accepted a non-roster invitation with the Halos in the first place.........each one of these players probably had a better shot of sticking with some other team. Torrealba, no matter how well he played, wasn't going to displace the Iannetta/ Conger combo and also had Hester in front of him as well.

And, I am certain that there is an MLB team out there that could use Torrealba's defensive skills and to help with young pitchers -- his chances with the Halos were nil unless someone got hurt in ST.