• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: And furthermore ... another Moreno snub

The one thing Arte did wrong, IMO, is moving the press further down the foul line at Angel Stadium, if true. The bigger person would have just left them where they are, and show them that you are the bigger person and won't stoop to their level.

Personally, I like the satire part of Simers' writing. But there is little doubt that he does go over the line sometimes. Do we want all writers to be the same?

Edited by Angel Oracle

This is all he has left.  He's pretty much burnt every bridge imaginable so now he's only able to recount about 3-4 lines of dialogue anyone will give him.  It actually a shame that the Register felt it necessary to bring him in for the sole purpose of increasing traffic as opposed to providing it's readers with real content. 

I honestly have no doubt that a large number of posters here could provide much more interesting, witty, creative, and thought provoking content if given similar access even if the schtick was to create controversy. 

I think any Simer's article, if posted here, should be in it's entirety.  So that way we can all read it and comment without providing the Register and Simers with traffic and data that can use and take credit for.  I know it's generally a board rule not to do this, but perhaps an exception can be made.

Maybe this is stooping to their level to some degree, but what they are doing is so disingenuous, it shouldn't be rewarded. 

The one thing Arte did wrong, IMO, is moving the press further down the foul line at Angel Stadium, if true. The bigger person would have just left them where they are, and show them that you are the bigger person and won't stoop to their level.

Personally, I like the satire part of Simers' writing. But there is little doubt that he does go over the line sometimes. Do we want all writers to be the same?

Arte did move the press box down the right line. However, contrary to what Simers would like us to believe, it had nothing to do with a grudge vs. the press. It was driven by simple economics. The old press box was prime real estate and the Angels are converting the space into premium seating/dining. If fact, this is not the first time it's been done. The White Sox moved their press box down the right field in 2008, converting their old press box into the 'Jim Beam Club' where seats go for over $250 a game. Other ballparks have increasingly been shifting the press to less desirable locations in recent years.

Simers has a steady habit of twisting reality into his own version of the truth.

Edited by Lou Spirito

Arte moving the press box out of the prime real estate area of the stadium down the right field line was such pure genius it's stupid (paraphrasing Imus who, unlike TJ Simers, does satire the right way and is very funny).

I think Arte's moving of the press box will be emulated by other teams as they renovate their parks.......it's also a winner for the fans -- why do the arrogant sports writers get the prime view?

It also makes financial sense.

For folks who take shots are Arte Moreno, perhaps they should take a little refresher course on Arte's bio -- he started with little and built an advertising business into a a very successful million dollar plus business venture which then allowed him to buy a major league ball club when few professional sports teams are owned by individuals.

oh yeah, he happens to be of Hispanic descent and could play the ethnic card up like others tend to do, he refuses to do and lets his pure accomplishments and his family values lifestyle speak for him........

nothing Simers or any other sports writer or some just ticked off poster (because of some front office move or maybe a name change issue) can write or post can possibly tarnish Arte character as a class act who leads by example..........

We all get frustrated at Halos' losses, and perhaps some front office moves -- but regadless of whether the Halos win or lose or finish at the end of the day (season), I will always contend that our Halos have the best owner in professional sports.........

It doesn't make much sense to give the press some of the best seats in the house... financial or otherwise.  Other teams are also moving away from that practice. 

Wonder what happened last year.  That area was closed for the entire season.  Seems like a long time to renovate such a small space.  

Edited by ScottT

It doesn't make much sense to give the press some of the best seats in the house... financial or otherwise.  Other teams are also moving away from that practice. 

Wonder what happened last year.  That area was closed for the entire season.  Seems like a long time to renovate such a small space.  

Simers leaves a lot of trash behind.

Rather than attack a writer I couldn't give two shits about, I prefer to focus on the actual issue which is Arte (and the organization's) increasing willingness to treat people like shit and assume there won't be consequences. I'm not talking about this issue, which doesn't really make much sense and isn't too disimilar to the shockingly bad PR tactics used by organizations everywhere, but there's been too many examples of Arte and co treating people in a way that seems in complete contrast to what he preached when he first took over.

Rather than attack a writer I couldn't give two shits about, I prefer to focus on the actual issue which is Arte (and the organization's) increasing willingness to treat people like shit and assume there won't be consequences. I'm not talking about this issue, which doesn't really make much sense and isn't too disimilar to the shockingly bad PR tactics used by organizations everywhere, but there's been too many examples of Arte and co treating people in a way that seems in complete contrast to what he preached when he first took over.

I'm still reeling from how bad the organization treated us during our Spring Training weekend.  Sending the GM out to talk with us for an hour.  Letting us into the ballpark 2 hours early and having their VP of Communications talk to us for over an hour.  Sending members of their starting line-up and rotation, along with a group of minor leaguers, to interact with all of us.  

Who do they think they are?  I can't believe they think they can treat us like that without any blowback!  

I'm still reeling from how bad the organization treated us during our Spring Training weekend.  Sending the GM out to talk with us for an hour.  Letting us into the ballpark 2 hours early and having their VP of Communications talk to us for over an hour.  Sending members of their starting line-up and rotation, along with a group of minor leaguers, to interact with all of us.  

Who do they think they are?  I can't believe they think they can treat us like that without any blowback!  

tumblr_m4pudiyTRA1qzwgnko4_r1_250.gif

You had Glen at blowback.

You guys get pissed way too easily lol. What exactly was so bad about that article? I don't take Simers' side on this, but this is far from his worst article. I see Simers as a satire writer more than anything. No different from Glen and Nate's ignorant slut posts except Simers gets paid.

First, no one responding to the article comes off as pissed, at least to me anyways. And yes, you are down playing the article by asking what is so bad about it. The answer is nothing is so bad about it, and nothing is so good about it. It's just the same old rant about somebody who took his toy away and look, there's the bad man, right over there, he's a bad bad man. Simers is not a satirist; he’s a boring over paid blogger who gets readers to respond to his dribble.   

Here's the shtick. Simmers writes his diatribe. Fans read it, get pissed, share the link. They all head over to post comments condemning his credentials and his character. That equals page views which then equals advertising dollars which is what keeps Simmers employed.

What him to go away? Stop reading his bilge. But I'm as guilty as the rest. He's like a horrific accident and I can't resist taking a peek.

Yes exactly. No easy way around it though, as I will probably continue to click the link presented to me and comment on another posters comments. Damn! Somehow I need to find the will to resist.

The fact that we have a three page topic on Simers on our website says it all.  Sometimes stirring things up is a good payday.  That we are talking about him (good or bad) validates the OCR's decision to hire him.  Personally, I would like to have heard Simers at the AngelsWin fanfest.  Having never met the man, I am certainly not willing to call him any names.