• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: And furthermore ... another Moreno snub

TJ Simers has moved his venom down the coast a bit.........

not sure why Simons always has to be so snarky and nasty.......

Arte Moreno is truly one of this world's good guys -- even if some of us disagree with some of the ownership/management decisions from time to time -- and I find his decisions to be usually right and almost always well thought out......

Simers -- consider the source.

I called Simers "Simons"  perfect.

Simers can write good stuff when he wants to, but instead he chooses to spew venom most of the time.....

used to play ok in the LA Times -- with whom he apparently had a nasty parting of the ways (what? Simers in a nasty dispute, I'm shocked!) -- but he's been with the OC Register for a while now and I would think that his usual schtick of sarcasm and nastiness wouldn't play as well in the OC........you'd think.......perhaps times have changed.

You guys get pissed way too easily lol. What exactly was so bad about that article? I don't take Simers' side on this, but this is far from his worst article. I see Simers as a satire writer more than anything. No different from Glen and Nate's ignorant slut posts except Simers gets paid.

Dude...He is not a satire writer...he is trying to be serious.

You guys get pissed way too easily lol. What exactly was so bad about that article? I don't take Simers' side on this, but this is far from his worst article. I see Simers as a satire writer more than anything. No different from Glen and Nate's ignorant slut posts except Simers gets paid.

The only person in this thread who's pissed is Simers.  

Simers needs to be DFA'd much worse than Blanton.  Joe may not have enough to compete any longer, but at least he's a professional; Simers probably can't even spell professional.

I would also add that this really bothers me in another way.  Since the Angels already support CHOC in a number of ways, Simers request to have them support CHOC in this redundant way reeks of supporting his personal agenda, and it draws away focus from the charitable cause and the children.  I've never noticed in the Angels support of CHOC that they have tried to tie it to another agenda, there are never any conditions attached to their gifts.  Simers agenda seems to be how he can make Arte look like an ass, while pretending he is doing something magnanimous for a charitable cause, thus in the end make himself look righteous.  If I were CHOC I would step up and tell this clown to back off.

Edited by tomsred

Do we really need to link this guy's rantings over here?

Here's the shtick. Simmers writes his diatribe. Fans read it, get pissed, share the link. They all head over to post comments condemning his credentials and his character. That equals page views which then equals advertising dollars which is what keeps Simmers employed.

What him to go away? Stop reading his bilge. But I'm as guilty as the rest. He's like a horrific accident and I can't resist taking a peek.

I don't want to sound like a big Arte fanboy cause I am not. However, he does strike me as being a gentleman which Simers is not, in my opinion. Arte may well just have an aversion to a-holes and it's probably Simers involvement that is keeping him away.

Simers used the whole charity angle to get two other gentlemen, Vin Scully and John Wooden, to sit down with him for an interview. I doubt either of them would have otherwise.

TJ shouldn't publicly call out Arte for not wanting to talk to him. He brought this on himself.

Here's the shtick. Simmers writes his diatribe. Fans read it, get pissed, share the link. They all head over to post comments condemning his credentials and his character. That equals page views which then equals advertising dollars which is what keeps Simmers employed.

What him to go away? Stop reading his bilge. But I'm as guilty as the rest. He's like a horrific accident and I can't resist taking a peek.

That's 100% spot on.

With all the new rules being handed down on this message board, please, for the love of all things holy, can we have a rule that says when linking an article, you MUST include the author's name? Not "Orange County Register: And Furthermore... another Arte snub" but "TJ Simers: And Furthermore... another Arte snub". It's the same amount of work (less even) and much more informative about the subject.