• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Torrealba won't accept Minor League assignment

I'm not sure why the guy was even in camp -- pretty clear from the outset that we were set with Iannetta and Conger and that we were NOT going to carry THREE catchers.

We also had Hester in camp and he's been around a while so he's running out of options and time as well.

So Torrealba?  What's he doing in camp?  Trying out for a coaching job?

Hester was outrighted so no longer on the 40 and already in the minors...imagine Torrealba was simply here as insurance in case Iannetta or Conger went down with an injury or were dealt.

I'm not suggesting it, but could Conger be optioned to SLC? He's struggled quite a bit.

Hester was outrighted so no longer on the 40 and already in the minors...imagine Torrealba was simply here as insurance in case Iannetta or Conger went down with an injury or were dealt.

I'm not suggesting it, but could Conger be optioned to SLC? He's struggled quite a bit.

I think you nailed it, he was injury insurance or here in case of a trade involving Conger or Iannetta. My opinion is that Conger will be fine hitting wise, I'm confident that Baylor will get him going soon enough. The important thing is that Conger knows the pitchers much better than Torrealba.  I would guess that Conger could be optioned, but I'm not certain.