• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will today be Blanton's last game as an Angel ...

Spirit

I totally get that we don't have much depth but Blanton is either on the major league roster or he's released. If I had to pick an option, I'll gladly take the release. Alvarez and Shoemaker are good enough depth for the time being.

Yep, that's where I am as well.  Blanton as number 6 was just a frightening thought.  Alvarez, Shoemaker -- with some warm bodies and time for Roth and Sappington to develop is much more appealing.   There are rumblings that Erik Bedard may ask for his release.  As bad as he was last year, his 4.59 ERA was a world better than Blanton's 6.09.

Blanton is IMO a sunk cost.

Edited by Inside Pitch

@JeffFletcherOCR: Now sounds like Blanton starting Fri at Dodger Stadium. Richards Sat. Skaggs minor lg game Sun. Keeps from too many off days before season.

Blanton has more lives than a cat.

Just another reason for Angel fans to stay away from the Latrine.

Blanton is currently providing a negative return. So dumping him and realizing a 0 return is still better. It's like the spoiled milk I had in my fridge this weekend. I can either keep drinking it until I finish it so I that I can justify to myself the 3 bucks I paid for it (because it was some fancy organic milk), or I can throw it out and save myself the hours on the toilet.