• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will today be Blanton's last game as an Angel ...

Spirit

Blanton's main problem is that he gives up too many HR. His career average is 1.1 per 9 innings, while last year it was 2.0/9. Spring training so far? Well "its early," but he's at 2.3/9, which is not exactly promising.

The problem with Blanton is that they owe him $8.5 million no matter what he does. Why not stash him in AAA in case someone implodes in the rotation and Alvarez or Shoemaker can't hack it? It not like Joe has a ton of options and would have a reason to complain.

Blanton's main problem is that he gives up too many HR. His career average is 1.1 per 9 innings, while last year it was 2.0/9. Spring training so far? Well "its early," but he's at 2.3/9, which is not exactly promising.

The problem with Blanton is that they owe him $8.5 million no matter what he does. Why not stash him in AAA in case someone implodes in the rotation and Alvarez or Shoemaker can't hack it? It not like Joe has a ton of options and would have a reason to complain.

Well Joe has the ability to refuse a AAA assignment, and it's not hard for me to imagine a scenario where he rather get a fresh start elsewhere than hold out hope that he can restore the Angels' confidence in his ability.

Joe won't be on the team if they carry 11 pitchers because then he'd have to beat out Salas, Lyon. Maronde and Moran. He won't have a spot if they carry 12 either, because then he'd have to best out Salas and Lyon.

Obviously he could outperform those two but he hasn't outperformed LeBlanc, Shoemaker or Alvarez this Spring and any of those guys could make a case for the last spot in the pen as a swingman.

The damage is done. He won't accept a AAA assignment because he'd end up being a #4 starter down there and some other team is likely willing to give him a shot if it's at the league minimum, which it would be once the Angels release him. I don't think any team

Would eat any sort of money to bring him in.

Joe does have plenty of options. He can say no to a minor league demotion and stay home and collect the money. He can have his agent work another deal with another club where he doesn't have to face a hostile fan base. He can take the year off and take another shot at the league next season. He could leave his playing days behind and sit next to Kevin Millar and make dumb comments on Intentional Talk.

What he doesn't need to do is accept a demotion after a 10 year MLB career.

The damage is done. He won't accept a AAA assignment because he'd end up being a #4 starter down there and some other team is likely willing to give him a shot if it's at the league minimum, which it would be once the Angels release him. I don't think any team

Would eat any sort of money to bring him in.

Besides, it would kill the pennant chances of the Salt Lake Bees.

Here's hoping for a good start today. Hey, who knows what prospect they can get in trade for Blanton, especially if the Halos can eat most of the $8.5 million. Did anyone ever think we could get Alvarez for Romine?

Luxury tax is not an issue at this point for 2014 anyway.

My fear is that a "good start" would make the club rethink dealing him, we will keep him and he will get hammered all over the yard once the season starts. I'm not sure what I want out of his appearance today.

Well ... when you give up a HR to the first pitcher you see (and post a line of: 4 1/3, 6 hits, 4 earned runs, 4 walks, 1 hit batter, 3 strikeouts with a spring ERA of 7.08), it's not a good way to make a case for staying on the team.

i think some of you are actually hoping for him to suck, which i dont understand.

all i see are the negative names and such.. how are we better to just release him?  how is it a good thing is he sucks... i dont understand the obsession with releasing him and running smakc instead of maybe actually being hopeful?