• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Need some advice with Suddenlink wireless set up.

halodground

Here in my neck of the woods we have two crappy choices for an ISP:  DSL from Centurylink (which is awful) or cable from Suddenlink (which is a lot faster, but their hardware is terrible).  After considerable research online I've decided I want to go with an ac router.  My first choice was the Apple 2TB Time Capsule but after talking with a tech from Suddenlink I was told they have compatibility problems with Suddenlink data packets (whatever that means) and that Apple's Airport Extreme is not a good choice for their system.  So I've been looking at a bunch of other set ups.  For those of you that may have experience with Suddenlink or just have knowledge regarding this stuff in general please give me your input.  

The major questions I have are:

Is the Suddenlink guy full of shit regarding the Apple Router?

Is it better to go with buying my own cable modem and a separate router rather than a combo piece like the Motorola Surfboard Extreme SBG6782?

Should I just use Suddenlink's standard Arris modem and buy my own router? (Requires rental monthly from Suddenlink)

I've had a lot of issues with Suddenlink's wireless hardware, so I'd really like to upgrade to something that will at least allow me to stream video without constant loading  From what I can find online, the solution is to upgrade your hardware on your own.

I've read the other threads here and about a million on other sites and I'm still not sure which is the way to go.

I appreciate any feedback you guys have.  Thanks!