• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AL West Rotations

Hubs

Profar had a sub .700 ops. Last year. Overhyped prospect just like Andrus. Good fielding doesn't equal good hitting or John McDonald would be an MVP candidate

Edited by Hubs

Calhoun had an OPS over 800 last year. Kendrick has done it before. Freese did it in 2012. Geez you guys for an Angels fan board you're all not that excited about the Angels.

Calhoun had an OPS over 800 last year. Kendrick has done it before. Freese did it in 2012. Geez you guys for an Angels fan board you're all not that excited about the Angels.

Yeah okay.  

2003 AL average OPS - .760

2005 AL average OPS - .755

2013 AL average OPS - .724

I'm excited, I'm just aware that offense is trending downwards and that an OPS around .800 for a player hitting in Anaheim for 81 games is no joke -- we are talking about a 125 OPS+

The best scoring team in MLB last year was Boston, they had all of four players with an OPS+ of at least 125, and one of them had less than 250 at bats.

I'm pretty excited about our rotation this year. 3, 4 and 5 are very talented with tremendous upside. 

Yeah, me too.

We have 2 vets at the top and 5 young cost controlled pitchers behind. This staff is built for this season and beyond.

We could surprise and our young guys step up like the A's young guys always seem to do.

I think the most common mistake I've seen this year in evaluating rotations is the idea if depth and experience. Darvish was a hyped rookie but no one knew for sure who he'd be, now he's a CY front runner. Same goes with Iwakuma, Parker, Gray and Perez.

The Angels will be better than fine. They'll be good with Richards, Santiago and Skaggs, just like the Rangers will be fine with Ogando and Perez and the A's will be fine with Straily and Chavez.

Last offseason, the Angels signed guys that can eat innings and keep you in the game while assuming their defense would pick up the slack and offense would post crooked numbers. But they lacked quality. But Richards, Santiago and Skaggs are quality.

The experts may not know it yet, but they will. I can guarantee you the rest of the league knows it already.

Edited by ScottyA_MWAH

I think the most common mistake I've seen this year in evaluating rotations is the idea if depth and experience. Darvish was a hyped rookie but no one knew for sure who he'd be, now he's a CY front runner. Same goes with Iwakuma, Parker, Gray and Perez.

I think Gray is in for a bit of regression.  He was lights out no doubt at the end of the year -- but he was performing at levels even better than he had in the minors.  It's possible he clicked and took his game to a higher level but I'm guessing he pitches more like a 3.5 to 3.75 guy than the mid 2s we saw last year.

I think Gray is in for a bit of regression.  He was lights out no doubt at the end of the year -- but he was performing at levels even better than he had in the minors.  It's possible he clicked and took his game to a higher level but I'm guessing he pitches more like a 3.5 to 3.75 guy than the mid 2s we saw last year.

That sort of regression coupled with Oakland's injuries would do wonders for the Angels playoff chances.  I'm really not impressed by their staff without Parker, Milone and that cheater Bartolo.  If Gray isn't as good as he flashed last year we may seen a very mediocre A's squad.  The same goes for the Rangers.  Going at it with Saunders and Hanson in their rotation for half a year may give the Angels an extra cushion they'll need to hold them off at the end of the year.  

Come to think of it, the same goes for the Mariners with Iwakuma, Paxton and Walker out.  Things might be shaping up for the Angels. 

Sorry, I just don't see the Angels having the best line up.

They have Freese batting 4th vs lefties..who the hell know whats youll get from Pujols, Hamilton was terrible last year...no back up right handed outfielder (unless you count Cowgill).

Can they be the best? Maybe..but too many question marks and not enough speed for me.

Worst case scenario this team is probably still a top 5 offense in all of baseball. 

They still had the 2nd best offense in the West last year despite Pujols and Hamilton's struggles. They may not end up having a better offense than Texas or Oakland but on paper the lineup is easily the best top to bottom. I dont think that's me being a homer either I honestly don't see how anyone could see it differently.

Ya if you look at what this team did last year compared to the rest of the league it's hard to not expect them to be one of the top offense in the league again this year. That's assuming Pujols and Hamilton don't show up, if they do it's easy to see them jumping up into at least the top 2.