• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade Romine to Detroit for LHP Jose Alvarez

Richard

His 2013 season in AAA (International League) was very solid at age 24.

In 20 starts he averaged 6 1/3 innings, and his ERA was 2.80 and WHIP was under 1.10.

Control has always been pretty solid, but the Ks have fallen off some as he climbed the farm system ladder.

Romine's improved hitting in September, and the Tigers' injury issues in the IF, may have contributed to getting someone solid like Alvarez for Romine.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Sad to see Romine go, I always really liked his glove, but... did we really just get a young pitcher with decent upside for Andrew Romine?  

Yes! 

Angels loading up on young pitching. Young lefty pitching. 

I love it. Great job, Dipoto! 

I take back my Ks comment.   He improved from about 5 Ks/9 innings in AA in 2012 to 8 Ks/9 innings in AAA in 2013.

2012 looks like the aberration with the Ks being down. 

This now establishes Alvarez as the #6 guy, with Blanton moved down to no better than #7 alongside Shoemaker.

I likey!

This also plays to the solid LH hitting having increased in the AL West in general.

And we still have the great IF glove coming off the bench, in McDonald.

If Vizquel could do it until his mid-40s, why couldn't McDonald?   

He still has pretty much an elite MI glove in the AL.

This org's moves since the off-season = thumbs up! 

Edited by Angel Oracle

Holy shit, I thought of this exact same trade 2 days ago! GREAT trade for Dipoto. Alvarez as the sixth starter is solid

Shoemaker #7. I'm loving our depth. 

I think this spells the end for Blanton. 

Alden Gonzalez said on our Podcast that he believes the Angels have been trying to trade him and ultimately will trade him. 

Shoemaker #7. I'm loving our depth. 

I think this spells the end for Blanton. 

Alden Gonzalez said on our Podcast that he believes the Angels have been trying to trade him and ultimately will trade him. 

That would be the icing on the cake.