• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

School Bans 9-Year-Old Boy's "My Little Pony" Lunchbag

Speaking from a District Office POV, when an incident of "bullying" ( a term that is way overused IMO) happens, the students are required to have some kind of intervention.  Usually that entails a class with a counselor.  We try to empower the students who stand by to say something.  Bullying exists because children feel powerless. 

This school's administration has ducked the entire issue and has condoned the bullying of this child.

2002_halos_II, on 20 Mar 2014 - 4:14 PM, said:

Don't know how large the student body is in most schools but isn't the student/teacher ratio at least 25-1 in class? Who is available to police the playground with that many students.

I wouldn't intentionally subject my kid to ridicule.

It really is sad that more than one poster takes blarg's position on this.  I guess you better make sure your kids are the same as everyone else.  Teach them that being different is wrong and bad.  Teach them its ok to pick on kids who are different because their parents must not care about their well being anyways.

um, ok.

There have always been cliques in schools. Some kids get picked on. Fact of life. Nobody said they condoned the school Administrators cop-out (or "work-around" fix for this issue) that I read. Maybe I missed it.

Is getting "picked on" b/c your parents can't afford "Vans" or you wear braces for example, the same as "bullying"?

2002_halos_II, on 20 Mar 2014 - 4:14 PM, said:

Don't know how large the student body is in most schools but isn't the student/teacher ratio at least 25-1 in class? Who is available to police the playground with that many students.

I wouldn't intentionally subject my kid to ridicule.

um, ok.

There have always been cliques in schools. Some kids get picked on. Fact of life. Nobody said they condoned the school Administrators cop-out (or "work-around" fix for this issue) that I read. Maybe I missed it.

Is getting "picked on" b/c your parents can't afford "Vans" or you wear braces for example, the same as "bullying"?

Not if it happens just once, but if there is a pattern of the same behavior, then it is considered bullying.  Just because kids have always been picked on, does not make it right.  

Oh my. You are so wrong on so many levels, BM.

Yeah GIRLY. What's next, pink bow and no student should make a snarky remark?

So, what is wrong with something that you think is girly?  I guess you answered my question about your bullying as a child.

Well I was going by the 2 caps in your name. Do you want to change it?

O MT I truly thought you MUST be joking. :rolleyes:

Or maybe you could just say the whole name.....Is that too difficult for you? As if I would change my name because of you....lmfao

2002_halos_II  whatever the **** that means

Edited by BaseballMom