• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dark Souls

TobiasFunke

This thread is about the first one. I've never played and to be honest only heard about it for the first time like 6 months ago. I looked into it and pretty much the main thing i hear is it's the hardest most frustrating game of all time, but people swear by it.

I was wondering if any of you guys are Dark Souls superfans and why I should buy it and play it?

When I was younger I had no problem playing video games first on consoles then on PC.  Now I have what I call video game ADD because I'll get bored and end up buying a new game or putting in an old game, play it for a few days or weeks then get over it and not play games at home for months.  When I was on one of my boredom kicks around the holidays I looked up PS3 RPG's and went to target.  Dark Souls wasn't my first choice but it was the only one they had and it was $20.  I can't give you an in depth review because I only played for a bit then completely forgot about it but you could definitely find worse ways to spend $20 if your bored.

Definitely get it. It isn't as daunting as it's made out to be. It's one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had with a video game.

Don't get me wrong, it's hard as shit, but that's the whole point of the game. You're supposed to get frustrated and keep trying until you persevere. The story and lore behind the game is incredible, but you have to actually discover it yourself. It isn't really told to you through cutscenes.

In terms of the gameplay, it certainly has its flaws; the hitboxes are pretty weird, and the controls can get wonky at times. That said, it's incredibly addictive and the shear amount of ways you can go about building your character are mindblowing. Not to mention the amount of ways you can go about the game. It's essentially an open world, but it "leads" you in certain directions. You can definitely get stuck in incredibly challenging areas that you really shouldn't be in early on, but that's part of the experience.