• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers (3/21)

Chuck

We punked Texas tonight with the middle of our lineup. We clearly sent a message that you better score a shit ton of runs against the Angels if you want to win.

I don't care about our fringe or Low-A guys giving up the ass late in a ST game.

Just a couple observations tonight...

1 - The Angels rally started almost immediately after AM32 was banned.  I'd take that as a sign from above.

2 - Being in Miami, I watched the MLB Network feed which happened to be the Texas broadcast.  There was no silence for Josh when he went yard, in fact the place was loud, really, really loud.

Apparently, they are saving the silence for the regular season, or the Angels fans in attendance made the home crowd look bad.

Either way, it was funny.

Just a couple observations tonight...

1 - The Angels rally started almost immediately after AM32 was banned.  I'd take that as a sign from above.

2 - Being in Miami, I watched the MLB Network feed which happened to be the Texas broadcast.  There was no silence for Josh when he went yard, in fact the place was loud, really, really loud.

Apparently, they are saving the silence for the regular season, or the Angels fans in attendance made the home crowd look bad.

Either way, it was funny.

The game was in Surprise Arizona, not The Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.   In spring training, you get a mixture of fans, plus Rangers fans do appreciate a good long home run.  I never boo one.  I admire them. 

Lastly,  I promise you the fans will not be quite for  Josh this season.  He will wish it was quiet. 

Where was the BOMB SAUCE post when Hamilton hit his?

AM32 act was getting tiresome. I don't mind him venting his frustration in the proper thread, but the thread hijacking was becoming a problem. Some people want to jump on the GDTs to follow the action and not to get into Scioscia/Butcher banter.

The game was in Surprise Arizona, not The Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.   In spring training, you get a mixture of fans, plus Rangers fans do appreciate a good long home run.  I never boo one.  I admire them. 

Lastly,  I promise you the fans will not be quite for  Josh this season.  He will wish it was quiet. 

More than half the crowd was likely Angels fans at this game. There are a lot of Angels fans actually living in Arizona and very few Rangers fans. Also since Angels are the nearest AL team to Phoenix you'll get a lot more people making the drive as well. That won't be even close to true in Arlington. 

Your promise is duly noted.  You guys show Josh, you mean business..   you rascals!   Also I thank you for pointing out that the Rangers ST home is not their regular season home and that opposing fans are more abundant.  Had you not clarified that I would have gone on believing the Rangers play their home games in Arizona.

All BS aside, I do agree with you that Ranger fans will likely boo him, I'd expect most fans to react the same way after the things he's been quoted as saying.

More than half the crowd was likely Angels fans at this game. There are a lot of Angels fans actually living in Arizona and very few Rangers fans. Also since Angels are the nearest AL team to Phoenix you'll get a lot more people making the drive as well. That won't be even close to true in Arlington. 

FWIW, the Rangers broadcast did a fairly good job of showing Rangers fans mobbing Hamilton for autographs before the game and cheering when we went yard.   I'm sure many of the locals are upset with him, but that silence for Josh thing is sorta pathetic..  Not that I blame the guy for trying to capitalize on it and turn a buck.