• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday & Lineup 3/19 vs. White Sox

Richard

Get used to it, this is going to be an everyday lineup. I like how this Spring training the Angels have put their starting lineup into more games and played them more innings than previous seasons. By the time the first game starts the Angels are going to be ready instead of using April as extended Spring training.

SICK LINEUP

I am not sure that I want to see Freese at #5, but I'll take a wait and see approach. I agree with the rest of the lineup so far.

It could be worse. Joe Maddon has Sean Rodriguez who is hitting .188/.316/.375/.691 in the cleanup spot today.

Watching the Rays vs Orioles game the infield shift backfired horribly for the Rays and it didn't involve a hit. Chris Davis was up to bat and the runner steals second because the 3rd baseman is the only one to cover, except he is the only guy on the left side so the runner continues on to third without a throw. Two pitches later Davis drops a liner between the 2nd baseman playing deep and the right fielder playing deeper. Runner scores easily.

Thankfully that guy isn't in the organization anymore. Rays' season over.

I am thinking this is a B squad game but with the Rays you never really can tell. In their defense they have the best record in the Grapefruit League with the most home runs and lowest team ERA.

The Orioles are countering with Bruce Chen on the mound. I wouldn't put it past the Rays to beat them with S-Rod as cleanup.

Eric, you are not allowed to question anything that Maddon does. He is the Mike Trout of Managing. Absolutely no one on here questions his decisions, which is fine with me, because I love the guy. I just think its funny he is universally respected and never questioned on here. Our community questions everything, at least someone will, hell even TrollDaddy questions Mike Trout. Yet no one has ever said a bad thing about Maddon.

My guess MS is doing it for the L,R,L,R in the middle of the lineup

This.  I believe MS has said as much in interviews.

You could swap him with Kendrick, but Howie's lack of BBs give him an OBP that's lower than you'd like for someone in the middle of your order.