• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Going to Texas

For their opening day weekend against the Angels.  So far on StubHub the tickets are pretty damn expensive and I need 5 seats.  I went through their website and they are "sold out", but if you buy a mini plan you can have opening day for free, so not really sold out.  Do any of you have any suggestions on how to get a decent price on tickets?  Also, anyone who has been there before if you have any suggestions on where to sit I would appreciate it.

You're lucky you're going in April.

Being there in summer is the most uncomfortable spectating experience in all of baseball.

The first time I ever went to that park was an Athletics-Rangers game in July the year the stadium opened. It was like watching a game in a toaster oven. I was on the lower level on the first base side. Not a breath of air to be had, and the temperature in the stands was well over 100 degrees at first pitch. From what I understand, part of the problem is that a barrier was built behind the outfield to hide the fact that there is no discernible view beyond the ballpark. This blocks any air that would otherwise circulate through the stadium. One hint: Get seats in the upper deck. There is at least a breeze up there. Probably the only park in baseball where the cheap seats are the most desirable.

A family matter may put me in the Dallas/Fort Worth area around the time of the Angels-Rangers series in late July. If it does, I'm going to try to catch at least one game out of the series. From the upper deck.

I've been trying to get tickets myself but I haven't had much luck finding anything for a decent price. I usually use craigslist, I've had pretty good success with that in the past. I usually like to sit in sections 210-221, I think those are the best seats for the price.

Hey guys, I'm still looking for five seats for opening day in Texas. There are plenty of seats available on Stuhub, I'm just curious how much lower do you think the prices will go down between now and Friday. To me the prices still seem high (about $125 for upper deck).

Hey guys, I'm still looking for five seats for opening day in Texas. There are plenty of seats available on Stuhub, I'm just curious how much lower do you think the prices will go down between now and Friday. To me the prices still seem high (about $125 for upper deck).

Hey, i sell and buy on stubhub quite often. Tickets will drop the week of the game if people havent sold them obviously, but not as drastic as you may be hoping for. When selling on stubhub it gives the seller an option to have stubhub gradually lower the price of their tickets closer to event time if your tickets havent sold. So if you can, maybe hold out until tuesday/wednesday and just purchase the electronically downloadable ones. But it just depends on whos selling them and how bad they want to get rid of them, i have Winnipeg Jets season tickets and if my tickets havent sold a day or two before the game instead of lowering the price i just keep the tickets and go.

I don't think they will get cheaper, they've been packing them in.

I can tell you whatever you need to know. I like the club level personally but its really all a matter of opinion. Steer clear of the Upper HR Porch unless you are in the front two rows or RF will be obstructed. Honestly there is some good SRO spots where you can actually sit down in the OFif you can get a good spot early. RF side will be out of the sun first, and contrary to what most have said the wind blows pretty decent and its not that bad to watch games. I've been to STL and KC when it was in the 80s and it was way worse than 105 in TX.

Now they have made a few changes that will affect airflow so it remains to be seen what will happen with that.

When I lived in DFW, I always used to show up and buy a few tickets from scalpers in front of the ball park. That could be a last resort..?

They have made scalping illeagal in the city of Arlington. Not saying it doesn't still happen but its not nearly as easy to do.