• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How Cool is This Photo?

The good guys throughout the history of this organization far out number the Mathews Jrs, finleys and vernons. Thanks for the reminder of why I have always loved this team.

All three of those are good guys, never rude to fans, community orientated, they just didn't perform well in an Angels uniform. I would lump Guillen and Vaughn in the not so great Angels because of attitude.

The good guys throughout the history of this organization far out number the Mathews Jrs, finleys and vernons. Thanks for the reminder of why I have always loved this team.

Your post doesn't make sense.

Vernon Wells is probably one of the nicest dudes off the field, and he was always kind to fans. He's a good dad too, and seems to be very involved in their lives.

I can't recall anything bad about GMJ's or Finley's character either.

You're saying these guys lack character because they didn't play well? Good Lord.

My point. although worded horribly, was the fact that we spend so much time hating on these guys as well as Blanton and Pujols, we forget how great a character of players this organization has had throughout the years. Even if their on the field production has not always matched their off the field persona.

Jim Abbott Fav angel ever?  i mean he was great but certainly not a fav. what about  Rod Carew, Bobby Grich, Wally Joyner, Tim Salmon, Nolan efing Ryan, Valdy, Darin Erstad, Jim Edmonds... wow halos have had some great names play for them...

A favorite player doesn't have to be a star, he just has to have something that you admire whether it is grit, courage, attitude, style, swagger or the guy took a moment and signed a baseball for you or your kid.

My first favorite player was Rick Riechardt because I was 7 and this guy in the outfield had my nickname. He will forever be a part of my first introduction to the Angels as my hometown team. He also personified the Angels of that time period, so much talent and potential never realized.

Favorites don't need to be name brands to make an impression.