• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels RBI Foundation & OC Miracle League benefit at #AWFanfest14

Chuck

The totals are in from our #AWFanfest14 charity event. We raised just under $2500 each for both charities. The Angels RBI League & the OC Miracle League.

How awesome is that guys?

A big thanks to Nike Golf, Lululemon, Lou Spirito, Kyle Morrisey and all of you who contributed and/or purchased $20 raffle tickets.

AWin cannot thank everyone enough for the participation this year. Not only did we sell out the room (Double Tree added seats last minute) but the support for the raffle tickets were overwhelming. Just know that every penny earned from the raffle went back to the charities. Plus Lululemon donated $500 CASH to each charity. The Angels FO was in awe of the support. This further legitimizes AWin events as something more than a just fans getting together to talk baseball. The momentum will allow us to reach out to the Angels for more support when it comes to access of players, personnel, and exclusive content.

Kole Calhoun wanted to attend the event this year because of how well he was treated by those in attendance last year. There was a mandatory team dinner that same night and he could have blown us off. Instead he and his wife found time to make the Fanfest. The same with Hector Santiago. Heck, he hasn't even played a single game for the Angels and thought it was important to meet his new fans. This was the first AWin event for prospects Taylor Lindsey, Mark Sappington, and Mike Morin and all three were amazed by the turnout. They kept thanking us that we invited them. It's these type of experiences that we want players to associate when they see Angelswin.

Expect to see more events with OC Miracle League and Angels RBI League throughout the year. Some will be used to raise money and some will only require your time. This will allow each member to give back to the charities as they see fit.

Chuck, I think it would actually make more money if you made the drawing/auction items available to board members who can't make the trips.  I understand that you want to give the attendees something special.  Make certain items only available to them, or give them one free drawing ticket for one purchased or something like that.

I know I would have purchased a few tickets for the drawing.  

Chuck, I think it would actually make more money if you made the drawing/auction items available to board members who can't make the trips.  I understand that you want to give the attendees something special.  Make certain items only available to them, or give them one free drawing ticket for one purchased or something like that.

This is one of the topics that will be discussed. I would have liked to implement it this past Spring Fanfest, but everything happened rather quickly.

Who pays for shipping? That is one of the problems we face in holding any event because paypal takes part of each transaction and your donation that the charity deserves is reduced. So if we open the raffle to out of event participants (which would be great for the charity fundraising) the shipping costs would outweigh the raffle ticket. We would not like to be in a no win situation where you win and we lose getting you the prize, or you lose because the shipping costs for some of the items gets costly.

Great work, all!  Does someone on the board have a connection to or work for Lululemon?  It's fantastic they're supporting the charities at those levels.

Thanks Jason.

Taylor Lindsey's mom works for Nike Golf and his sister works for Lululemon. They love the website and wanted to give back to us and our charities. We will be doing more with them going forward. Really pleased!

Who pays for shipping? That is one of the problems we face in holding any event because paypal takes part of each transaction and your donation that the charity deserves is reduced. So if we open the raffle to out of event participants (which would be great for the charity fundraising) the shipping costs would outweigh the raffle ticket. We would not like to be in a no win situation where you win and we lose getting you the prize, or you lose because the shipping costs for some of the items gets costly.

I think anyone who buys a raffle ticket that isn't going would understand that they would be paying for shipping.  If you just communicate that people go into it knowing the score.  

I would have as well. I didn't have the money this year to make the trip, but I would have liked the opportunity to add to the support that was already shown.

I know you are a solid guy and wouldn't back away from any commitment you make. I really like the idea of including more people and we are going to try and make this work for next year. Hopefully the participation will spread and we can offer more to charity and our members each year and that includes exhausting our supply of Peter Bourjos bobbleheads.

I think anyone who buys a raffle ticket that isn't going would understand that they would be paying for shipping.  If you just communicate that people go into it knowing the score.  

For a long long time we talked about ways that we could monetize the work we do on this site.  In the end, it never felt right.  We wanted the site to be able to try and pay for itself (web hosting fees, etc), but making money just didn't feel right.

The fact that we've been able to take whatever notoriety this site has garnered, raise money and then give that money away makes my heart happy.  

Thank you to each and everyone of you that participated in making this event successfully, have participated in making past events successful and/or will participate in making future events successful!  

"You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

I'm not worried about the shipping cost. By opening the raffle to more people will offset the cost to shipping. We raised $3500 in raffle money. If we could have raised an additional $500 by opening it up to everyone and shipping cost $50, that's a net gain of $450. But this is something the board will need to look into.