• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Fantasy Baseball - RSVP NOW!

Time to see who is in:

Chuck likes CBS so we are going to get it for those who want to be in a money league similiar to our football league. 

For those not as serious we will set up a free yahoo likely for everyone else and have some prizes.

We had been trying keepers over the years but the interest dwindles.  Will be a live draft in all leagues, however and give your opinions if you want to do a keeper.  I say we just re-draft every year.

I will be setting up the leagues here in next couple days after seeing who is interested.

There will also be a home run derby like our yearly NFL picks contest and will post that info at same time as league info.

Let me know who's in and what format you are up for.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested and down for keepers but it depends how many.  The old CBS league was fun and I'm thankful Kurt paid for it but the problem we had there was that we kept like 18-20 guys each year.  We lost managers over the years who were replaced but if an old manager didn't keep up their roster and get guys on the waiver wire a new manager could be at a disadvantage.  Keeping that many guys and the roster sizes with players in the minors meant the waiver wire was thin and you had to be on the ball.  Every time I thought I would snag some up and comer or some guy who might be up in a few months Chuck seemed to have grabbed him already.  :)  

I'm interested and down for keepers but it depends how many.  The old CBS league was fun and I'm thankful Kurt paid for it but the problem we had there was that we kept like 18-20 guys each year.  We lost managers over the years who were replaced but if an old manager didn't keep up their roster and get guys on the waiver wire a new manager could be at a disadvantage.  Keeping that many guys and the roster sizes with players in the minors meant the waiver wire was thin and you had to be on the ball.  Every time I thought I would snag some up and comer or some guy who might be up in a few months Chuck seemed to have grabbed him already.  :)  

Cat, how about we keep just 3 players every year (including prospects)? This way it keeps it fresh and makes for a good draft every year. 

I'm cool with that and when I posted I had 4 in mind.  I like the drafts so the more players available then the more fun it is for me.  Staying on top of the waiver wire is still important but fewer keepers means teams that struggled the previous year may not be at as much of a disadvantage the next.  Most teams always have so many guys you would definitely keep but some years I was flipping a coin trying to decide on the last 5+ guys.

I like CBS as well but I know Kurt paid for it and I don't think it was cheap.  If we need to up the fee to like $75 per team with $25 going towards the league fee I'm cool with that.  I do another league in yahoo and am fine there as well.

Also, for those interested, I have spots open in the Battle of the Blogs League.  So far we have 3 reps from LAAI, 3 from MWAH, 2 from Harness the Halos, 2 from Halo Hangout, 1 from Halos Daily and 1 from AngelsWin that have committed.  If you're a regular poster here on Angelswin, we have room for two more.

The winner of the league brings home the pride of declaring his/her site is the King of the Battle of the Blogs.  It's prestigious.  Message me or reply if interested in representing Angelswin.    

I'm interested. I wouldn't mind keepers but I like the suggestion of only 3 per roster per season. Prefer standard Roto over H2H.

Kevin, I'm in a ton of H2H leagues, maybe a Roto League is the way to go for one of these. Good idea, just to change things up. 

CBS is good, it's the site I usually run my fantasy league from.  The news/updates and "experts" are obviously garbage, but anyone listening to them probably doesn't stand much of a chance anyway.

H2H or roto is good.  No keeper tho.  it's better to redraft every year and have a fresh team, IMO

OK, the league has been setup. If you want an invite, PM me your email address. 

Here's the settings. 

Roster Limits  Status Min Max   Active Players 16 16   Reserve Players 6 6   Injured Players 0 0   Minors Players 0 10   Total Players 22 32   Position Active Min Active Max Roster Total C 1 1   1B 1 1   2B 1 1   3B 1 1   SS 1 1   OF 3 3   U 1 1   SP 5 5   RP 2 2   Extra Roster Settings Illegal rosters score zero points in standings. Minor league players do not count against positional roster limits.

Scoring Settings  Description Setting Scoring System Head-to-Head, Points Based System. Scoring per Period Scoring based on total stats each period. Standings Tiebreaker Ties in the standings are resolved in this order: Winning Percentage, Total Points. Scoring System  Scoring for Batting Categories Name Settings BA Batting Average 1 point HP Hit by Pitch 1 point HR Home Runs 1 point OPS On Base plus Slugging Pct 1 point R Runs 1 point RBI Runs Batted In 1 point SB Stolen Bases 1 point TB Total Bases 1 point Scoring for Pitching Categories Name Settings ERA Earned Run Average 1 point K Strikeouts (Pitcher) 1 point Kd9 Strikeouts per Nine 1 point QS Quality Starts 1 point S Saves 1 point W Wins 1 point WHIP Walks + Hits / Inning 1 point

Player Policies  Description Setting Player Eligibility Players are eligible at their primary position, plus positions they've played 20 games last year or 5 games this year. SP Pitcher Eligibility Pitchers gain eligibility at Starting Pitcher with 5 starts last year or 5 starts this year. RP Pitcher Eligibility Pitchers gain eligibility at Relief Pitcher with 10 relief appearances last year or 10 relief appearances this year. Player Pool AL and NL Players.

Transaction Settings  Description Setting Lineup Policy Owners may set lineups and change players' positions from a list of their eligible positions. Lineup Deadline Lineups may be set daily up to 5 minutes prior to the first game of the day. Add/Drop Policy Owners may do add/drops. Trade Policy Owners may do trades. Trade Deadline No trades can be made after the trade deadline of 11:59 pm et 8/8/13. Offseason Trades Owners may not make trades during the offseason.

Schedule & Playoffs  Description Setting Period Length 1 Week Periods Start Monday Season Starts Sun, Mar 31, 2013 Matchups Per Period 8 Playoffs Start Period 21 Playoffs Last 4 Periods Archive Standings No