• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

America spends $1.5 trillion on broken plane

Here.

Talk about being in the pocket of defense contractors (in this case, Lockheed Martin, which gets $36 billion a year in taxpayer money). What a joke.

A quote from the transcript:

People are going to start to understand, if you look carefully at what the Pentagon and the contractors are doing, much of this is not defending us. It's just defending their bottom lines. It's not defending the country.

2 years ago I was hired to work final avionics checkouts on the F-35 line. Then came the strike. Then the canceled orders from foreign customers and the next thing I know I'm in St Louis working for the other military aviation giant. Lockheed got both the F-22 and F-35 awarded not by having the better product but by having the better lobbyists and politically expedient plant locations. They are the ones paying my salary right now (although I'm actually employed by a Saudi company) so I can't bash too much but I absolutely agree that bottom line considerations outweigh any concerns about whether we're getting our money's worth.

For what it's worth I should add that our fighter jets, including the F-22's, fly circles around any other fighter jet on the planet.

A government, by the government, for the government.

I agree with the sentiment, mt, but would change it to this:

"A government, by the duped populace, for the corporations."

Government doesn't serve government - they serve corporations, and of course the individuals in government serve themselves by selling out to corporations.

I'm all for having the best military tech but have your plan in order before you start a program like this. What a waste but that's what our government does best. This is why I NEVER vote for any tax increases since they'll just waste it like this. I don't trust any of them with my money.

Libs never met a penny they wouldn't spend.

Jay, watch the story first before just mentioning libs.  This had nothing to do with libs.  If I take my car to the shop and they want more I question them and not the libs.  If you want to make this about libs then yes I would rather feed a hungry family then feed contractors and lobbyists.  Jesus would probably disagree with me though.  Why do you even take breaks from FOX News to come mention libs here.  

Jay, watch the story first before just mentioning libs.  This had nothing to do with libs.  If I take my car to the shop and they want more I question them and not the libs.  If you want to make this about libs then yes I would rather feed a hungry family then feed contractors and lobbyists.  Jesus would probably disagree with me though.  Why do you even take breaks from FOX News to come mention libs here.

Dude you are obsessed with Fox News.