• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels' Richards aims to reduce walks

"Richards, who will be 26 in May, isn't an unknown, either. He pitched well in the second half of last season for the Angels, after getting a regular spot in the rotation. Richards' fastball has been up to 99 mph this spring, Dipoto said, while averaging about 96."

This was from an article that was posted yesterday that I found pretty interesting. I've never seen Richards hit 99, even when coming out of the bullpen

Edited by SoWhat

Dipoto was sitting with the scouts all weekend long so he's definitely not overstating how hard he's throwing.

That's incredible if he's hitting 99.

The fact that he hits 99 is less incredible to me than the reality he actually works at 95 MPH...   Looking at FGs -- the recorded average velocity of BOTH his FBs is 94.8 and the average velocity of his cutter is 94.5...

The fact that he hits 99 is less incredible to me than the reality he actually works at 95 MPH... Looking at FGs -- the recorded average velocity of BOTH his FBs is 94.8 and the average velocity of his cutter is 94.5...

Yeah you don't see many pitchers sit at 95 let alone peak at 95.

That's what gives me hope with Richards. He throws so damn hard for a starter that he should have some level of success as a starter.

I definitely prefer this Richards. Because he isn't a HR pitcher, he can throw more strikes and still not be hurt a lot.

I'm sure that he will try to hit the corners a little more often during the season, and won't be allowing 7 hits in 4.2 inning normally. But he did pitch solidly yesterday in spite of that.

I still see him being on a similar trajectory to Justin Masterson.

Edited by Angel Oracle