• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ThreadJack Bin

You mean like ganging up on them and telling them they cannot marry, they are sinners, going to hell, treating them like second class citizens, and openly marching against their rights? Your crusade against bullying is as hypocritical as the one you have against gays.

It is ok to bully gays though, right? Because, Jesus!

Yeah mt. If you don't like gay marriage you should be in favor of every other viewpoint nate finds undesirable, like eating fat babies and raping kangaroos with hockey sticks. And you should definitely enjoy when someone is murdered or has their identity stolen. Otherwise you're being hypocritical.

Because, nate!

Edited by HaloMagic

You mean like ganging up on them and telling them they cannot marry, they are sinners, going to hell, treating them like second class citizens, and openly marching against their rights?  Your crusade against bullying is as hypocritical as the one you have against gays.

It is ok to bully gays though, right?  Because, Jesus!

Is this post serious?

Absolutely.  There is nothing different about verbally bullying a kid and the way the Christian lobby bullies gays.

I know MT pretty well and he's definitely not the Christian lobby. He's not an anti-gay crusader either

I know MT pretty well and he's definitely not the Christian lobby. He's not an anti-gay crusader either

No matter how you put it, it is still ganging up and bullying.

I don't think MT is a bad person but I do think he is overcome and blinded by his faith.

At the risk of complete and total thread hijacking I am going to try to make one salient point.  Who do you think, in your worldview, I would view worse, a gay person or an atheist who completely rejects God and is pointedly against His church?  That being said, how have I treated you on this forum?  Have I bullied you?  Ever said you were going to hell?  Ever not wanted to interact with you because you are an atheist?  Have I made an argument that I am better than you as a person?  

I don't think I have.  Since I haven't done that with you, why would you think I would do that with anyone else?  Why would you think the people I would be friends with would do that?  I think you only see Christians as one certain way.  If I am blinded by my faith, maybe you are blinded by your hatred of it.

I don't think either are bad.  I do think that Christians absolutely bully those that are not Christian.  Telling someone they are going to hell, they cannot marry, they cannot do the things that make them happy because they don't accept their God, or because their bible says it is wrong is the definition of bullying.

Of course it is not unique to Christianity, it is especially prevalent in religion though.

I was asking who I would view as worse as a Christian nate.  I think you can see what point I am trying to make.  You made this whole thing personal to me.  I am trying to point out that if you haven't seen me treat people that way, someone like you, an atheist who has more than once been on the attack against my faith, then why would you believe I would treat anyone else that way?

MT, I have seen you post defending the people that treat gays that way.  Maybe I shouldn't have made the assumption.

Also, I am sure you see atheists as worse than gays.

Also, I don't reject God... I would have to believe in him to do that.

MT, I have seen you post defending the people that treat gays that way.  Maybe I shouldn't have made the assumption.

Also, I am sure you see atheists as worse than gays.

Also, I don't reject God... I would have to believe in him to do that.

Bakkunin was the only one that was like that. I don't think MT or anyone else could defend him.

You haven't seen me post against Westboro? 

So if I see atheists as worse, why would I treat gays worse than atheists?  By the way, I don't see anyone as worse or better.  Just people.  It's a misnomer.  Do some Christians do so, yes but they err badly in doing so. 

God is judge and He alone.  We are only to communicate the gospel.  To represent Him.  I try, and fail, to do that to the best of my ability.  The church tries, and fails as well.  But they do try.

I understand Nates point, but MT isn't one of those dudes.

MT is strong in faith, but not a preacher or serious bible thumper type. My first memories of him were of that, but he is really neutral or fair.

I also think Nate is confusing a lot of what we think where Anti-gays have the same rights as gays. Even if we don't agree with someone's position we will agree that they have the freedom to express those rights, even if moronic.