• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Watching Fox News/MSNBC makes a person absolutely clueless.

It's obvious the "news" outlets are more for entertainment rather than truthful information. All of these stations are editorialized and we are given opinions rather than facts so these results are not surprising. Most average Americans (including myself) do not have time to research all the stuff going on and get the truth about everything going on. It's just what the media is now.

So what happens to people who watch The Daily Show that shows clips of Fox news all the time.  They end up dumb, but not quite as much?

I said it is entertainment.  FOX News should be picked on.  MSNBC is boring with their bullshit so not worth harpooning.  FOX deserves it.  The point is you need to have a sense of humor amidst all their crap.  Do I like seeing FOX News beat up....well ya.  More people think they are leading them in life compared to MSNBC which nobody watches. 

Plus MT my showing Daily Show was based on someone saying news is just entertainment, which I agree with all the way.  I don't watch any news unless checking weather now and then, which they screw that up so I may not be an expert on this.  Then again I do believe FOX News is all made up and no facts so that would be filed under entertainment for dummies.  

Ha!  I didn't even know your link was for the Daily Show.  My work internet wouldn't go there.  Too funny.

Ya Sean, I don't think my link was good but try and look up the food stamp/fish one to watch to the end.  Yes he is just blasting FOX but they are setting themselves up perfectly for it.  I often wonder to myself would he be that funny if FOX was not that stupid but I would not substitute him ragging them for anything. 

Was it the bit where fox is creaming their jeans for Putin?

I will try and find a better link.  Someone else here likely saw it.  I thought it was one of the best.  I will say that Vegas will not take your food stamps at the black jack table. I think it is from 3/4 show. 

MSNBC is a joke, but FOX is a bigger joke.

One of the reasons I like Maher, Stewart, and Colbert is that they're fully conscious of the fact that news is, or has become, entertainment and they are entertainers. However, they are satirists and commentators as well, so it goes far beyond entertainment. Maher in particular has his round table discussions that bring up very important issues, with a range of political views (and he almost always has a more conservative participant). Maher is also not afraid to take the "liberal elite" to task - he confronted Rachel Maddow about MSNBC's ridiculous over-coverage of the Christie bridge "scandal," and Maddow's defensiveness was quite telling.

• 2 weeks later...