• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Manny Machado Whines About Contract Renewal

Machado might not even have a capable bat to stay in the Majors. He definitely has holes.

He shouldn't be grouped with Trout and Harper. He's a notch below them.

He was a league average hitter as a 21 year old and played otherworldly defense.

Sure, he's not as good as Trout but nobody is. He's still an extremely good player who should hit for more power as he develops. 

He was a league average hitter as a 21 year old and played otherworldly defense.

Sure, he's not as good as Trout but nobody is. He's still an extremely good player who should hit for more power as he develops. 

okay and what did I say that wasn't true

"Machado might not even have a capable bat to stay in the Majors."

In his first full season, he had a 101 wRC+, which is 1% better than league average. Given his age, it's not that unlikely that he can turn into a well above average hitter. He hit a ton of doubles last year that could end up turning into HR as he matures. 

I guess I just don't agree that he doesn't have a capable bat. 

"Machado might not even have a capable bat to stay in the Majors."

In his first full season, he had a 101 wRC+, which is 1% better than league average. Given his age, it's not that unlikely that he can turn into a well above average hitter. He hit a ton of doubles last year that could end up turning into HR as he matures. 

I guess I just don't agree that he doesn't have a capable bat. 

Might is the key word.

He could completely collapse as a hitter this year like a lot tend to do in their sophomore year. Especially when he was just an average bat last year.

Edited by Poozy

It seems like you're just assuming he'll decline just because some players do. Not all players have a sophomore slump. Especially those who were extremely highly thought of prospects. 

His knee injury is the one thing that I would be worried about. If he has lingering issues with that, then I agree with you. 

Just another example of the media trying to create a story.  

Hey, that kid is  21, his representation isn't around and he might not have the perspective to answer without engaging his filter -- so let's ask him a leading question.   Done..   Time to go to editor so he can come up with an eye catching headline.  Work complete.

Wonder if the writer will demand raise for all the hits the story just got on the internet.

Edited by Inside Pitch

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10587626/manny-machado-baltimore-orioles-disappointed-new-deal

Manny Machado has agreed to a new deal with the Orioles worth $519,000, but the third baseman admits he's slightly disappointed by the contract, according to the Baltimore Sun.

"It is disappointing, but at the end of the day, you just have to go out and play," Machado told the Sun.

Machado, 21, will earn a $100,000 bonus for winning the 2013 Platinum Glove Award, which honors the American League's best defender. He made $495,000 last season with a bonus of $25,000 for making the All-Star team.

"I'd love to be an Oriole forever. I love the organization, I love the fans here. I love everything about this, and putting the uniform on every day," Machado said, according to the Sun. "I just want to be treated fairly. That's it."

Treated fairly? 

This is the deal that your union, arguably the most powerful union in the United States, negotiated for you; the deal that if you stay healthy and remain similarly productive for just two more years will likely net you an annual salary in excess of eight figures. And that's BEFORE free agency.

And ballplayers wonder why fans turn on them.

Poor guy...he'll only make 13 million a year when he's 26 and not 21.

It makes you appreciate how patient Trout has been.

Can't say I disagree. Trout definitely has his head in the right place.

Which makes me think...can you imagine how much fun it would be to watch Rex Hudler interview Trout every so often if he were still here doing broadcasts?

One great young baseball player and one older not so good baseball player of the past just being real and saying ridiculous stuff and laughing. Oh man the possibilities.