• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So WTH really happened to this Malaysian aircraft??

The public crashed the website.

Helpful.

lol

Whenever something out of the ordinary happens, people want to believe its something bigger than it almost ever is. Like when someones spouse decides to split, and the heartbroke one spends a bunch of time asking why...when its usually something really simple.

One of the byproductsnof current times is people are used to instant gratification. And when theyvdont get it, they think somethings up.

The ocean is very large. To find wreckage would be tough if they started looking instantly....but in this case theres was a delay in how long it took to even start. That gives the ocean a pretty big head start.

Some odd 'facts' have come out, and as always in situations like this, have gone viral. If the 'facts' change later, people (understandably) get suspicious. Its almost always due to people speaking to the media before they should, or the media printing something before they can comfirm. Remember, the media is a sport in itself. Or a race is probably a better way to put it.

Fact is, though the region has decently modern technology, its not out of the realm of possibility the malaysians and indonisians dont have the greatest radar coverage. So whole yes, it disappeared, its easy to understand it that the night shift guy who stares at blips on a screen didnt notice one disappeared if the systems that should alert him didnt go off.

It is weird for sure. Did it blow up? Did it crash and break up? Who knows. But reading the conspiracy websites, I really doubt the fake passports mean anything. I dont think it has anything to donwith a planned event. Could it have been shot down?.....yeah, thats very possible. If rhey had a serious malfunction (like electrical that killed its tansponder), had to turn back and looked fishy enough to the indonesians, maybe they KAL 007'd it (for those old enough to remember).

But the reality is, its probably gonna be a few more days before they find any wreckage. Its not because theres a cover up (slight chance), but because like I said, the ocean is huge.

To touch on what someone already mentioned, and whats buzzing on some other sites, the likelihood it was flown to some secret location is almost not at all possible. Its a modern day commercial liner. They need full sized, real airports. Its not a military cargo plane thats designed to operate from rough runways.

I doubt any govt would allow even the most remote chance of being implicated in this thing if it is a piracy act.

(Disclaimer. I reserve the right to be totally wrong)

Fact is, though the region has decently modern technology, its not out of the realm of possibility the malaysians and indonisians dont have the greatest radar coverage. So whole yes, it disappeared, its easy to understand it that the night shift guy who stares at blips on a screen didnt notice one disappeared if the systems that should alert him didnt go off.

Oh this guy?

18592-17920.jpg

lol

Whenever something out of the ordinary happens, people want to believe its something bigger than it almost ever is. Like when someones spouse decides to split, and the heartbroke one spends a bunch of time asking why...when its usually something really simple.

The Occam's Razor theory.

You'd think the US Gov't would have a whole team of dickless bastards monitoring every active flight in the world. 

Ocho, your post is absolutely sensible and perhaps I've grown to be way too tinfoil-hatty, but I can't picture a scenario in which a large commercial plane disappears for more than a few hours. 

I smell something gnar and a cover up

@adam, yeah, it seems fishy (and I could be totally wrong and somethings up), but I think its because we all give our/the govt/military too much credit. You have to remember they have limitations. And the specific area this happened in isnt real big on our interest list to begin with. So its like with security cameras in parking lots. If the camera (satellites) was pointed the orher way afghanistan/ukraine, etc) when the guy stole your car (crashed a plane), how could no one see it in a busy parking lot.

China has released satellite images showing huge chunks of floating debris with the biggest being 79 ft by 72 ft.  I think they said they have images of 3 different pieces.

North Korea will claim Kim Jong-Un shot it down with his laser pen.  

The plane being missing isn't all that shocking to me.

What is shocking is Malaysia claiming that it disappeared from radar with no other telemetry indicating a problem.  Modern jets like the 777 are loaded with data radios to report different things and to establish redundancy.  It's unlikely that all of these systems were disabled at the same moment unless the plane exploded or was shot down. 

^to a point agreed, but theres always the possibility of a catastrophic failure that killed the electronics. Lightning, surge, something of that nature could have shorted it. (The likelihood of that is probably rare I guess). But if it did go 'dark', it might explain the plane changing course and heading back towards malaysia. Have to remember it was an overnight flight, so if the electronics were out then they would have had to navigate by compass and watch with no landmarks for reference.

Im almost certain its going to be standard mechanical failure / pilot error / combo of both. But...if it did in fact lose power and had to turn back with its transponder off....maybe it was shot down?

I doubt it though. Id have to look it up, but I dont know of malaysia having any real military (?). Indonesia has a decent air force, equipped with sukhois. But how many and how alert they are I dont know. (And doubt its very tier 1 so to speak).

To put it in perspective, think about socal. The ONLY capability to defend Los Angeles from an air threat (that is sudden) would be the hornets out of miramar and maybe north island (san diego). (The air guard has f-16's in norcal, but if its not a drill weekend....).

The problem with the above scenario is that the hornet isnt an interceptor. Its a fighter (and not the best one). To fly north and engage say a hijacked airliner would take time, and thats assuming not only were the pilots ready to go, but the plane was also fueled and ready for an extended flight (with no external fuel its got about an hour flight time). And lastly, more important, it would have to be armed. They dont load live rounds here at home unless theyre going to shoot them (maybe once a year).

Sorry for the nerd rant. But my point is, thats whats here, in the US, to defend the second biggest city in the country. I cant imagine the area involved in this has better capabilities than us. And I think its a safe bet they have far below our capability.

We (the US) probably have the best gear to find the wreck (with the other nato countries and russia being close behind). But theyres gonna be a delay getting thrm there. Aside from the Philippines and thailand we adent really friendly with the region (remmeber that indonesia denied our help after the tsunami). So that itself is another issue, getting the best equipment there to even begin the search.

Sorry for the long winded response. Im stuck at the tax guys office.