• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Riverside County: The Land of Heroes

Good god, this is one of the most disgusting and disturbing stories I have read in a while.

Another reason why I'm not a fan of school districs or police departments.  They can send in sting operations to make kids sell drugs, but they can't do anything about kids being bullied.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks for posting.

A very real and head shaking look at our police forces and justice system. Reading the responses of the officers and explanations is disturbing, but completely accurate of day to day operations.

Tough read as having someone close that works with kids of all types and backgrounds, the long term effects to these kids is very serious and real.

I hope this picks up steam.

Thanks for posting.

A very real and head shaking look at our police forces and justice system. Reading the responses of the officers and explanations is disturbing, but completely accurate of day to day operations.

Tough read as having someone close that works with kids of all types and backgrounds, the long term effects to these kids is very serious and real.

I hope this picks up steam.

I agree that the response almost bothers me more than the actual operation. It would be one thing if this happened and the police, school administrators, and DA said, "Wow, we really screwed up here. Maybe we should rethink our approach to these issues." The fact that they're staunchly defending their position and continuing these programs while spewing their "for the safety of our kids" BS is disgusting.

The schools stance and appeal is disgusting. The officers is something I'm almost immune to now....."Are you retarded?" with an oh well, put him back in the cell without questioning or even being curious about protocols, or the correctional officer that casually states the kids like it there and want to go back. ****ing ridiculous.

We constantly see or read stories, or witness it first hand, where officers take it upon theirself to magically add education and knowledge to their background with mental health or physical ailments....or worse, the ones like these that lump or treat all people the same. It's just egregious to me that none of the interrogating officers nor the officer at the hospital thought something was off with the kid (or what we can infer as them thinking they have a doctors education and can diagnose suspects and their conditions as normal).  

I work in the field of Juvenile probation. The cops in general do not care about these kids and the needs they have. The juvenile system is setup to help these types of kids when they do enter the criminal system. When I am working as the watch commander in my facility I would not have accepted the kid with a weak charge like that. Not sure how that amount of drugs is a felony to begin with. You would think these operations were aimed and getting the major distributors of the drugs off the streets (the ones the kids get it from).

The dishonesty of this practice bothers me quite a bit. Because of this kid's issues, the story is getting national attention; but it's still a shame that this happens to "normal" kids. It does nothing to benefit them, the school, or the community. And I would argue that it's actually a negative for all three. The only people that benefit are the police, who can pad their stats with chickenshit arrests like these and better help their chance at federal grants. So really, the schools and police are colluding to ruin the lives of young people in order to get funding for local police, then sell it as an attempt to protect the very children they're exploiting. That's straight up evil.

Edited by Don Tomlinson

When that dude runs for higher office someone should list his stats for having coerced kids convicted for selling a $3 vicodin or under a gram of weed.

Too much money being made with convictions and prison/jail time. That kid getting two years is more than a lot of serious crimes like dui accidents or violent crimes.

Not to get off topic, but yeah.

Know a dude that used to be a reg at a local pub we would watch games at. Long story short is he was trashed ad hit a van/minivan with a driver, but more importantly there were two or three kids in the back. No one seriously injured, but I thought they would throw the book at that dude when I heard kids were involved. I don't remember all his hoops, but he had one of those alcohol monitors for a bit and his case kept getting pushed back, so I don't remember all the parameters. But one thing I do remember is he only had to do 30 days and I don't even know if he even had to do them with time served and he talked about alternatives....maybe something that brought it to 15 days or weekends. I don't remember. Just seemed pretty easy for as bad as it sounded.

I went into the courthouse in newport beach a few months ago to see a judge about a ticket, and while I'm waiting to for my turn this blonde bimbo gets called up with her cheesedick lawyer on a dui collision charge.  Turns out it was her third DUI, she hit another vehicle and her sentence was 120 hours community service and all the usual DUI BS (classes, fees, etc).   Also turns out she's past the deadline to finish her hours, she only had about half of them done and she was convicted over two years ago.  Oh, she also lies to the judge about how many hours she had completed at the time, gets caught in it (judge was no dummy)....and what does she get?   Just a "verbal reprimand" and another 3 months to finish her community service, penalty free.   no violation of probation or anything.  I can understand on a first DUI, but a third???  with a collision?   Bitch had over two years to get 120 hours done and the judge acts like it's no problem.

Justice.  Just-us

I constantly see and hear dui stories that blow my mind. It's actually going to get even more gnar as I have a financial backer on one or more dui schools. It's just a money maker that I only assume the courts see the same way. Some lawyer buddies talk cases and you see many instances where the judges go as easy as possible to let people finish their parameters. There was an older gentleman I came across years ago that was just down on his luck that has gone constantly kicked in and out of the system because he couldn't finish his dui classes and fees because of income. The guy was going on 10 years which trips me out because I thought there was a point where they just put you in county for x amount of days per $ to pay off the fees.....although, now that I think about it, maybe he did that for the court/county fees but dui schools are third party companies and just supplement court parameters, so maybe he couldn't be jailed for not affording to complete classes.

Jeez I just feel horrible for that kid and his family.  You never know what's going on with someone in their life.  It doesn't cost a thing to be nice to someone and this kid Jesse could've used some of that in his high school.  Instead some douche undercover sees an easy, friendless target and takes the low hanging fruit.

I constantly see and hear dui stories that blow my mind. It's actually going to get even more gnar as I have a financial backer on one or more dui schools. It's just a money maker that I only assume the courts see the same way. Some lawyer buddies talk cases and you see many instances where the judges go as easy as possible to let people finish their parameters. There was an older gentleman I came across years ago that was just down on his luck that has gone constantly kicked in and out of the system because he couldn't finish his dui classes and fees because of income. The guy was going on 10 years which trips me out because I thought there was a point where they just put you in county for x amount of days per $ to pay off the fees.....although, now that I think about it, maybe he did that for the court/county fees but dui schools are third party companies and just supplement court parameters, so maybe he couldn't be jailed for not affording to complete classes.

oh yeah, a friend of mine got a DUI unfortunately and he said the classes are a joke.  He said he just watched movies for two hours, one day a week, for 3 months.   500+ bucks.   it's a total cash cow, man.   The system isn't interested in prevention or actually solving the problem, it's a source of income.  Thats why there are DUI checkpoints.   stats show a patrolling officer is 3x more likely to catch a DUI offender than a checkpoint in some arbitrary location, but does that change anything?  Nope.

Judges take it easy on people usually because a) they're first-timers and B) the jail system is so overcrowded and F'd up.   I'm most would love to lock up minor violators, but it's just not feasible.   however, in the old dude's case, they do show some sympathy and understanding for people who have real problems and aren't just spoiled brats/hardened criminals

It's path of least resistance. Dealers and gangs fight back. Entrapping needy high schoolers is much safer.

That's a part of it certainly, but I think there are other, more insidious things involved as well. First of all, the cops in these school stings aren't necessarily going after drug dealers, as much as they're attempting to turn kids into drug dealers in order to make arrests. Thus, the logic is that turning kids into drug dealers, leaving them with a criminal record and limiting their access to a decent education system, somehow improves the lives of children and their community.

The second part is that this sort of behavior betrays the trust that kids should have in their administrators and local law enforcement. And, in my opinion, good communities are the ones that have (justified) trust in their educational and law enforcement institutions. That's not good for any of those three parties going forward.

this whole sting operation really frustrates me. i'm 100% in favor of removing drugs from schools, but the target should be the dealers, not the friends who score for their friends. find the dealers and remove them from the equation.

but even more frustrating is an undercover cop with the cowardice to target a brand new kid who has aspergers. what a punk thing to do. i've taught a couple of aspergers' kids and they just don't operate on a normal playing field, and the cop should know this (otherwise get your butt off that campus). and for the school district and the DA to go after this kid like he's tony montana is wrong on so many levels. what an absolute failure by all involved, especially their refusal to fix such a huge wrong.

and who in their right mind arrests and prosecutes a kid for selling a $3 pill? is there no room for counseling or any other number of redemptive options before throwing the book at them?