• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Any predictons/ guesses on the opening day 25?

Let's cut the propaganda.  The GM is responsible for selecting the roster.  The manager I am sure gives his input, but it is the GM that determines who is on the roster and who isn't.  If Dipoto feels Long is the better player, than Long will be on the team.  Please do not make false statements about it being all because of Scioscia.

Calhoun

Trout

Pujols

Hamilton

Freese

Ibanez

Kendrick

Iannetta

Aybar

Conger

Shuck

Pena

Green

Weaver

Wilson

Santiago

Richards

Skaggs

Frieri

Smith

Jepsen

De La Rosa

Salas

Moran

Lyon

Burnett (DL)

Thanks for posting Jeff!

Really think it might be Long over Shuck not just because of ST #s but because of positional flexibility. He can play all OF spots and 2B.

I like the idea of Pena, but his spring looks an awful lot like last year's #s. I think Calhoun can pick back up his first base glove to back up Pujols or Howie could do it too, and then we always have Ibanez in a pinch (gulp). I don't think Pena makes it.

I think Romine might make it for his bunting and base running skills. Although he could loose out to McDonald. That race is too close to call.

Lyon surprises me in the bullpen. I haven't seen a lot from him. I kind of thought it might be the side arm lefty, who's name escapes me, Boshers?

Calhoun

Trout

Pujols

Hamilton

Freese

Ibanez

Kendrick

Iannetta

Aybar

Conger

Long

Romine

Green

Weaver

Wilson

Santiago

Richards

Skaggs

Frieri

Smith

Jepsen

DDLR

Salas

Moran

Boshers (side arm thrower?)

Burnett (DL)

Shuck, despite his high average, was below average in every single other way last season. Long probably should have been given first crack over him to begin with in 2013.

It's not too late to rectify that mistake. Long has quite a bit more upside than Shuck. That should be abundantly clear by crunching the numbers and by watching each of them play. Long really does pass the eye test.

Plus, he bears a striking resemblance to Bryce Harper. That's the kind of intangible that needs to be taken into consideration hehe.

In all seriousness, I like Long a lot as a 4th OF and possibly even a guy who takes away some ABs from Ibanez at DH. I hope the Halos give him a fair shake. He's earned his shot.

Edited by Llewyn Davis

Off topic, but in regards to jepsen. He (to me) seems like the next guy we release (for good reason) only to end up somewhere else as an at least average RP.

I know he hasnt been solid here, but his 'stuff' is very good. Not sure if his problem is mental or mechanical, but he seems like a candidate to get a change of scenery and end up with a change of results.