• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: New offseason routine has Romine ready to compete

Andrew Romine had just completed the 2013 season, was headed into the offseason of his first out-of-options year and knew he needed to bulk up. He and his wife, a trainer and nutritionist, mapped out a workout regimen and diet that would ultimately add 20 pounds of lean body mass to Romine's frame, putting the 6-foot-1 infielder at 200 pounds by the time he arrived for Spring Training.

View the full article

Could they omit a backup 1B, and carry both Green and Romine along with the 2nd catcher and 4th OFer?

If Pujols could somehow start 140-150 games at 1B, Kendrick could then start the others with Green filling in at 2B.

Scioscia, don't even think about carrying 13 pitchers instead of 12!

Edited by Angel Oracle

I don't know they don't revisit the idea of trading Aybar for pitching and give Romine the SS spot.  I know there will be a drop in offensive production but there can't be a big drop.  Its not like Aybar is Babe Ruth at the plate.

I was thinking this also, whatever lack of production we get from replacing aybar(not much) would be made up from romine's defense, so it would probably be close to a wash.  I also like how romine works the counts, i was tired of seeing pitchers enter the 7th inning last year with only 50 pitches, the hack-at-everything duo aybar and kendrick are a huge reason why.

I don't know they don't revisit the idea of trading Aybar for pitching and give Romine the SS spot.  I know there will be a drop in offensive production but there can't be a big drop.  Its not like Aybar is Babe Ruth at the plate.

But then who would do the Aybar dance?

I agree with trading Aybar for some pitching.  Romine can take over with Green and McDonald as reserves.