• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Dynamic pricing and Service Fees

Nowani

I am browsing the Angels website to check pricing on various games this year and I noticed something strange about the service fee charge. The Angels are using dynamic pricing for games so prices for the Yankees are more expensive than Athletics (as an example).

What I noticed is that when you buy a ticket there is also a service fee. The service fee is also dynamic. So for example. if you bought tickets in Lower View All star, the service fee is $7.50 for some games and $3 for other games (in the same location).

I am trying to understand why that is? You would think the same amount of effort and resources  goes into selling any game and the service fee would be static. Any ideas why the Angels charge a higher service fee charge for more popular games?

Because those games are more popular and Skankee/Doyyer/Red Sux fans -- and some Angel fans, but not all -- will likely pay that higher service fee.

I'm listening the game right now on the radio. 

I reckon this is how I'll be following all Angel games this season, instead of paying any service or cable/satellite fee.  I hate service fee rape charges.  I can't legitmize paying a fee for giving a business my business simply because it's a sport or concert.

Thank you for letting me rant/vent.

Because those games are more popular and Skankee/Doyyer/Red Sux fans -- and some Angel fans, but not all -- will likely pay that higher service fee.

I'm listening the game right now on the radio.

I reckon this is how I'll be following all Angel games this season, instead of paying any service or cable/satellite fee. I hate service fee rape charges. I can't legitmize paying a fee for giving a business my business simply because it's a sport or concert.

Thank you for letting me rant/vent.

MLB.tv

I thought they had tiered prices for games - Yankees, Redsox are considered "premium" games so the prices are higher. Never noticed the fees being higher, tho, probably b/c I haven't purchased any tix for those type of games in the last few years.  And  'course the promotional games are priced higher too.

I got good inexpensive tix on SH and TE last year for 3 games, including a June Yankees game.

^_^

I'm in the Angels' local market so I can't get Angel games on mlb.tv, Or I'd be on it like white on rice, as Tubbs says in Miami Vice.  Enter sad face here.

I'm in the local market for the whole damned west coast, so it makes no sense for me.

I'm likely only going to one game this season (which is one more than last season), so they aren't going to get rich from me.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I was under the impression that teams with poor attendance/fan-base implemented this type of fee structure. While it raises prices for high-demand games, it also lowers the prices for games with historically low attendance (like the LAStros). It's been adopted in the NHL and NFL for teams like the Sabres and Bills.

Attendance at Angel Stadium is pretty good, though, so I don't see why this is necessary. I also get the feeling that the Angels might not lower prices for certain games, as aforementioned.

Edited by failos

I hate service fee rape charges.  I can't legitmize paying a fee for giving a business my business simply because it's a sport or concert.

It is especially aggravating when they call it a "convenience fee". I would like to know what exactly is so convenient that it is worth me paying extra to stand in line at Will Call the day of the event.

Same thread every year.

Unless you are willing to pay for the "convenience" of having your tickets in hand weeks or months before the game you wish to attend..

Wait until a day or two before, and go to ebay or even better craigslist.

You may have to go (gasp) 10 or 20 mins out of your way to pick up the tickets from a season seat holder, but you avoid ticketbastard and service-convenience fees. ( which is what most people complain about.)

And, until this team actually gets good, tickets "day-of" at the box office are fee-free and as good as you will find online,sometimes much better. This obviously doesn't apply to groups/family's of 5 or more...but 2-3 and even 4 seats are easy to find.

I was never willing to post this when I lived in Socal, but now that I don't...there ya go.

Now, if you want to go see the Doyers or Redsux...you should just pay the freakin fees.

I prefer a clean toilet 20 feet away, fridge 10 feet away, and 1080p through 56"

I think what I would spend on gas, parking, and time would purchase my alcohol consumption during the game.

You do realize that FSW only broadcasts in 720p? Yeah, all that cool gear and you are just getting Medium instead of High Def.

Using the Ticketmaster website for multiple locations and dates, the mathematical explanation is that Fees are tiered based on price:

Base    Fee

5          1.5

8          1.5

12         3

16         4.5

18         4.5

23         6.25

25         6.25

26         7.5

35         7.5

36         7.5

37         7.5

38         7.5

40         7.5

41         8.5

42         8.5

43         8.5

46         8.5

50         8.5

52         9.5

53         9.5

65         9.5

70         9.5

72         9.5

76         10.5

106       13

108       13

109       13

125       13

185       16.5

245       16.5

The fees are from Ticketmaster. TM fees have been ridiculous for years. Concerts are the same way, the more expensive the ticket the higher the fee.

This.  With the way the Angels have priced their seats this year I'd be very surprised if we reach 3 million fans again.