• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

6 year old Oregon girl to be sent to Mexico

I've been following this a little up here in Washington.  Seems pretty jacked.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/b895be5b0b454c84b6c9688a392f9ae6/OR--Mexican-Father-Oregon-Child

The girl has been with a foster family for some time.  Apparently mom is a meth head.  Grandma has animal abuse issues in her past.  Dad is a felon, recently released from prison.  Accounts are that he is an alcoholic and there are reports of abuse against his womens.  Speaks no English.  Girl speaks only English.  She has never been out of the state of Oregon and now they are sending her to Mexico.  Seems like she would be better off in foster care.

That article is incredibly misleading. It's an awful situation, but the judge's decision wasn't made on a whim. It was based on a multitude of information from all parties, including the girl's attorney and therapist.

Edited by failos

Just don't see how that decision is in the girls best interests.  Neither of the parents are acceptable options in my mind, and I'm not feeling supremely confident in a government agencies ability to monitor this situation once she gets across the border.  Many don't perform adequately within the same county.