• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are your favorite places to eat?

Fast food: In N Out, Raising Cane's, Five Guys, Subway

Restaurants: On the Border, Acapulco, Olive Garden, Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House, Fleming's, Mimi's Cafe, Chili's.

I stuck to chain places, since most of you are in California and wouldn't know the local places in Las Vegas.

Actually I think we should.

How about:

Fat Boy

Faustos

Fast food: In N Out, Raising Cane's, Five Guys, Subway

Restaurants: On the Border, Acapulco, Olive Garden, Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House, Fleming's, Mimi's Cafe, Chili's.

I stuck to chain places, since most of you are in California and wouldn't know the local places in Las Vegas.

25 Club outside the main gate at Nellis. Best. Wings. Ever.

Actually I think we should.

How about:

Fat Boy

Faustos

Okay - as far as local places, Ricardo's, Leticia's Mexican Cocina and Macayo Vegas for Mexican food. Mark Rich's New York Pizza and Metro Pizza for...you guessed it. Still looking for a decent Chinese place, since the one I liked best went under. Little Dumpling and Grand China aren't bad, but they aren't great either. The Cracked Egg for breakfast. Panevino and Carmine's Italian Kitchen for Italian (my favorite Italian place went under as well). Gordon Biersch for brewed beers and good domestic food.

Someone else mentioned Famous Dave's. Not sure how that got left off my list. Very good barbecue. I also hit Outback Steakhouse from time to time. Black Bear Diner is excellent for home style food. I also like Cracker Barrel, but we don't have any in Nevada. The nearest ones are in Kingman, AZ and St. George, UT. Gotta have Denny's on the list too, since it is one of the few places in the west where you can get grits.

Okay - as far as local places, Ricardo's, Leticia's Mexican Cocina and Macayo Vegas for Mexican food. Mark Rich's New York Pizza and Metro Pizza for...you guessed it. Still looking for a decent Chinese place, since the one I liked best went under. Little Dumpling and Grand China aren't bad, but they aren't great either. The Cracked Egg for breakfast. Panevino and Carmine's Italian Kitchen for Italian (my favorite Italian place went under as well). Gordon Biersch for brewed beers and good domestic food.

Someone else mentioned Famous Dave's. Not sure how that got left off my list. Very good barbecue. I also hit Outback Steakhouse from time to time. Black Bear Diner is excellent for home style food. I also like Cracker Barrel, but we don't have any in Nevada. The nearest ones are in Kingman, AZ and St. George, UT. Gotta have Denny's on the list too, since it is one of the few places in the west where you can get grits.

Sam Woo's in Vegas Chinatown.  Of course you can't go wrong with any Sam Woo.  

Ever try that German Beer place that is supposed to be modeled after a German Brewhouse?  It's on the bucket list, just never got around to it, and was wondering if it was any good.  

Good steak place that I liked was Golden Steer off Sahara.  But don't think it had BBQ.  

And Peppermill is one of my favorite places to go for breakfast.  

I like the Del beef burrito at Del Taco.  I get it home then crisp the tortilla in a non-oiled pan.  It adds a nice crunchy texture to the tortilla which escalates an otherwise predictable Del Taco experience.

For sit down, I recommend the Quiet Woman in Newport on PCH.  They have an excellent 'baseball steak' which is very high quality.

Also in Newport, Ho Sum Bistro has a dyn-o-myte house salad which is hard to stop eating.  Good thing it's MASSIVE!  Added bonus for the interior which looks like a restaurant scene in Miami Vice.

Everyone's got a mexi spot.  My newest is a joint called Ramon's up Newport Blvd. in Costa Mesa.  The dude behind the counter hates white people but they make a mean assed burrito and the tacos are legitimate.  I recommend the chicken for either.  It is seasoned and prepared with care and goodness.  While you're there, check out the home made mural.  It's a painting covering the wall which features some sort of beach/ocean scene in mexico.  Look for the spilt Corona beer and the cruise ship which looks like a pregnant missile. 

Nice Raising Canes drop, I wish we had that joint in CA.

Fast Food:

Chik-fil-a

Jersey Mikes

Qdoba

Raising Canes (Las Vegas)

The secret pizza place on the second floor of the Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas)

The Hot Dog Shoppe

Sit down places:

Eureka Burger

The Habit

Rounds

Arthur Bryant's (Kansas City)

Gates (Kansas City)

Zocalos (San Diego)......I think this is just a Miguel's now.

Broken Yolk (San Diego)

Oven and Shaker (Portland)

Mothers (Portland)

I'm at a loss for other places at the moment.

Black Bear Diner is excellent for home style food. I also like Cracker Barrel, but we don't have any in Nevada. The nearest ones are in Kingman, AZ and St. George, UT.

We have a Black Bear diner here in Bullhead City, Az. Portions are big and food is very good.

Cracker Barrel in Kingman is really good also. Agree with you on these.

El taco in Downey. Best mex fast food ever. Get the chunky beef burrito and you will not be disappointed. If you do not like it, send me a copy of the receipt and I will reimburse you. There are other ones in south gate and orange as well, but Downey is the best.

Disclaimer: I will not reimburse your money.

I've been going to El Taco forever. I use to go to the Anaheim location growing up. I went to the one in Downey awhile back it was the same. The one in Downey is down the street from one of my In n Outs. It's all about the chunky pork burrito.

Fast Food:

In N Out

Tommy's

The Hat

Chipotle

Chain Restaurants:

Chilis

BJ's

PF Changs

Cheesecake Factory

Restaurants:

The Derby

Alex Di Peppe's

Pacos

Hey Nate is that the Pacos in Culver City? The one from Jerry Maguire? If so I agree it's delicious, if not then you are probably wrong.