• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sean Burnett Update

jshep

Although Sean Burnett said he hoped to be off a mound by early next week, Mike Scioscia said it may be up a week after that. #Angels

Sean Burnett continues to feel good, but isn't expected to get off a mound until mid-March. Not sure that's enough time to be ready by OD.

If Burnett doesn't get on a mound until mid March, opening day is pretty iffy. "It's cutting it close," Scioscia said. #Angels

Did I read it wrong? I thought yesterday Burnett was hopeful to throw off a mound early next week. Then Scioscia said it would be an extra week or so. Did Scioscia say this because something happened or because they are trying to be cautious?

Just give Boshers or Moran the lefty spot, as Boshers didn't look too bad a year ago when pitching at the MLB level, just some control issues to work through, and Moran has decent promise.     

I give up on Burnett being healthy!

Edited by Angel Oracle

I really never get it when Angel fans make comments like this.  It's like you want bad things to happen to the team.

I think he is being sarcastic as the Angels took a gamble on him and failed...and now lets watch someone take a gamble on him and have it work out.

Did I read it wrong? I thought yesterday Burnett was hopeful to throw off a mound early next week. Then Scioscia said it would be an extra week or so. Did Scioscia say this because something happened or because they are trying to be cautious?

Probably cautious. It's always a bad thing when pitchers are struggling to get back from arm issues. These things tend to linger so hopefully he can get healthy and be effective again.