• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia may go with 8 relievers to start the season

https://twitter.com/JeffFletcherOCR/status/441258349363884032

Mike Scioscia said the #Angels are considering using 8 relievers this season. The top guys don't have much length.

https://twitter.com/MikeDiGiovanna/status/441258311346708480

#Angels MGR Mike Scioscia said he may open season with 8 relievers. That would leave a 3-man bench. Would probably be temporary.

Wouldn't be a shocker if Hamilton is on the DL to start the season.....Doesn't necessarily open up a spot for another pitcher but it narrows the options on bench players some....

Edited by DMVol

The Angels don't need a bunch of bench guys watching starters play the first month. The Angels do need to be quick with the hook and suppress runs. This makes sense so there are multiple options for matchups for the pitching staff.

It is not as though the Angels are going to put in substitutes for their position players without it being an injury. In that case a pitcher can be sent down to replenish the bench.

I would like to see Brennan Bosch, Green and JB Schuck but I guess we will need Conger so who is the odd man out? 

Would it really be a good move to release Romine?  So many say he is an elite defensive SS.  Letting him go makes it more difficult to trade Aybar later.

Scioscia is taking the "pitching and defense wins championships" bs a bit too far.

I bet Jerry Dipoto didn't envision having 8 relievers when he was constructing this roster.

They are on the same page, though. Ha.

I think the real question here is, why stop at 8?

24 relievers and Mike Trout! Make it happen, Scioscia.

Scioscia is taking the "pitching and defense wins championships" bs a bit too far.

I bet Jerry Dipoto didn't envision having 8 relievers when he was constructing this roster.

They are on the same page, though. Ha.

Hate to say but the Sabar community is on board with run suppression over offense.

Hate to say but the Sabar community is on board with run suppression over offense.

Now where have you seen the Sabr community get on board with constructing a roster with an 8 man bullpen, since that's the actual point that was being made in the post you replied to?