• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Wrestlemania 30 Thread

How many of you are going to watch Wrestlemania live on the WWE Network?

I will. I'm hoping they replay the show immediately after the live airing like they do with the pay-per-views. I'm going to miss fast forwarding through all the crap though.  

I haven't committed to the wwe network yet..

Anyone have it?

I got it the day it launched but I haven't really had time to check everything out. I've only watched the 1998 King of the Ring, and the first ever Smackdown. Brought back so many memories.

Love how the winner of HHH/Bryan will end up in the main event at WM. They had to inject some kind of energy into the main event. Before that it was simply boring.

Other than that WM will boring as a whole IMO. I mean Im honestly not looking forward to anything else. Their biggest PPV of all time and imo will be a epic fail

• 3 weeks later...

I don't follow wrestling much anymore but I usually catch Wrestlemania just because. A few comments on the event:

The Andre the Giant match was good. I didn't know most of the wrestlers in it but it seems they gave some younger guys a push which is always good.

The Cena match was very good, but the outcome was handled poorly. It would seem that Bray Wyatt was trying to get Cena to turn or at least do something out of character. If you are going to have Cena win at least have him hit Wyatt with a chair while the ref isn't looking. That way Cena wins the physical battle but loses the mental one. Instead it was the same cheesy, predictable crap that always happens in his matches. Him winning the way he did does nothing for either character. Still a great match.

The Undertaker was always my favorite growing up. Seeing him lose was definitely a shot in the childhood. That said, I actually think Brock Lesnar was the best possible choice to end it. The problem with a young guy ending it is the level of pressure it would put on them. They would never be able to shake the title of being the one to end the streak, no matter what they accomplished afterwards. They would also be expected to win pretty much every match they have from that point on. When you do what couldn't be done 21 times, you can't exactly lose a random match on raw. The expectations will be even higher at WM. As for Brock being a part-timer, I think that works in his favor. He isn't expected to be out there every night. So he can come and go as he pleases, winning his matches along the way. It also opens up the possibility to turn Brock into a full time star, as his career was kind of stagnant.

I also think Lesnar needed the push. He is an already established star for sure, but by no means was he a legend, or even a superstar. This pretty much rockets him to that status. The WWE can build off his win and make him into a heel of legendary proportions.

The match itself was bleh. Definitely a disappointment considering what happened. But I suppose given Lesnar's style and Taker's age it was to be expected.

The title match was fun, but predictable as hell. There was no way Daniel Bryan was losing, especially not after Undertaker lost.

I had no problem with Brock winning. I know it's wrestling and all, but there was no way I could think that old ass Taker could beat Brock Lesnar in a match. Agreed that it should't have been some younger guy taking him out either because Taker is bigger than that and that young talent would have immense pressure from that point on. Brock is an established freak so it's fitting that he ends it.

Also, I hope that's it for Taker. He looked ROUGH out there and was struggling to do things. His legs/knees are just shot from years of abuse. From his reaction after the match, it looks like he finally realized it was over as well.

Great WM. No singular legendary match but almost every match was great or at least was memorable (UT/Lesna). Even the Divas match well...had a good end to the match. 

It's been suspected that Taker has wanted the streak to end for a while now. Even in the Orton match at WM but no one wanted to be that guy and I'm sure that WWE wanted to ride the cash cow as long as it could.

UT and Lesnar are apparently close so why not? Taker is way too old school to not end his career on his back looking up at the lights.His respect for the business borders on obsessive.

And this gives any Lesnar/Bryan match up, which I hope and strongly suspect is next for Lesnar, immediate heat. The guy who beat the authority vs the guy who beat the streak. I can see CEOHHH on RAW tonight ignoring what Lesnar did to him in the past and using him as the next "face" of the WWE.

Everyone is probably wondering where I was.   :)

I was accessing the results page to keep up with them, but also had other things going on.

The tag titles match was predictable, as Cesaro was rumored to turn face for a while.    He is going to be a huge player going forward.  That swing move absolutely sends the crowd into a frenzy.

The Shield match was disappointing because they scripted it to be a short match.   The Shield is a dominant group with so many different skill sets.   Maybe the confidence level in the New Age Outlaws wrestling a longer match just isn't there? 

The Andre the Giant battle royal again played to the big Cesaro face turn, having him lifting Big Show and tossing him over the top rope without any assistance.   The guy may be the most powerful pound for pound guy the WWE has ever had.  

Did they actually have Cena doing Sister Abigail on Bray Wyatt?    Really?  Really?  Really?  Really?

The only thing I care about with the Divas currently is having my pic taken with both Layla and Emma at Summerslam.   Otherwise, the writing for the matches needs a lot of work, although this match had good moments.   How long is AJ going to keep the title?

Still shocked that the streak ended, but the rumor is that Taker was quickly getting fatigued to where the ending had to be adjusted late in the match.   Look for Taker/Sting at WM XXXI, maybe a double retirement match as both are in their 50s?

Lesnar is a beast.   The question is, can he and his wife Rena (former WWE's Sable) agree on him increasing his WWE schedule.

And of course, saving the best for last, we have the new champ Daniel Bryan.   I loved the stretcher angle in the title match, as it just added to his big push to leave the stretcher and win the title.   Yes! Yes! Yes!     

Edited by Angel Oracle

I wouldn't even know how to book CM Punk. DBD makes more sense with HHH anyways since it was HHH who has made his life hell for the past year.  Plus that match really hasn't happened yet compared to Punk/HHH iirc. Punk has already faced Undertaker, been there done that. Punk/Orton, Punk/Batista, or even Punk/Cena an interesting match does not make. Probably for the best to have him take time off. If I had to book Punk anywhere it would probably be again Roman Reigns since Punk could carry him to a good to great match and it would actually be fresh and exciting. But I don't think that is the kind of match Punk is interested in at this stage of his career.

I had thought that CM Punk and HHH never truly had a match during that 2011 storyline.

I love the idea of Phil Brooks facing Paul Levesque.   Hey, CM Punk referred to their real names during that 2011 storyline.

Everyone is probably wondering where I was.   :)

I was accessing the results page to keep up with them, but also had other things going on.

The tag titles match was predictable, as Cesaro was rumored to turn face for a while.    He is going to be a huge player going forward.  That swing move absolutely sends the crowd into a frenzy.

The Shield match was disappointing because they scripted it to be a short match.   The Shield is a dominant group with so many different skill sets.   Maybe the confidence level in the New Age Outlaws wrestling a longer match just isn't there? 

The Andre the Giant battle royal again played to the big Cesaro face turn, having him lifting Big Show and tossing him over the top rope without any assistance.   The guy may be the most powerful pound for pound guy the WWE has ever had.  

Did they actually have Cena doing Sister Abigail on Bray Wyatt?    Really?  Really?  Really?  Really?

The only thing I care about with the Divas currently is having my pic taken with both Layla and Emma at Summerslam.   Otherwise, the writing for the matches needs a lot of work, although this match had good moments.   How long is AJ going to keep the title?

Still shocked that the streak ended, but the rumor is that Taker was quickly getting fatigued to where the ending had to be adjusted late in the match.   Look for Taker/Sting at WM XXXI, maybe a double retirement match as both are in their 50s?

Lesnar is a beast.   The question is, can he and his wife Rena (former WWE's Sable) agree on him increasing his WWE schedule.

And of course, saving the best for last, we have the new champ Daniel Bryan.   I loved the stretcher angle in the title match, as it just added to his big push to leave the stretcher and win the title.   Yes! Yes! Yes!     

I havent seen it yet..but a couple things.

A.J. Lee is one of my favorites. Probably right up there with Lita.

I'm probably in the minority here..but I wanted HHH to beat Bryan (even though I knew it was a long shot). I think checked Bovada maybe 5 days before and they had Bryan as a -700 (heavy favorite) to win both matches.

I only saw the last 3 minutes of it...but Taker vs either HBK or HHH looked A LOT better.

Can't wait to see Hogan, Stone Cold and Rock all out there.

I havent seen it yet..but a couple things.

A.J. Lee is one of my favorites. Probably right up there with Lita.

I'm probably in the minority here..but I wanted HHH to beat Bryan (even though I knew it was a long shot). I think checked Bovada maybe 5 days before and they had Bryan as a -700 (heavy favorite) to win both matches.

I only saw the last 3 minutes of it...but Taker vs either HBK or HHH looked A LOT better.

Can't wait to see Hogan, Stone Cold and Rock all out there.

Sincerely,

CM Punk