• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rangers to sign Joe Saunders

Missing on Capuano was worse. Boston with a smart signing while Halos sit on their hands

I like the upside of this staff, but 3/5 of the rotation are young arms who have never pitched over 160 innings. Can we expect them to hold up and not tire down the stretch? What if the team makes the playoffs? More innings for these young arms that aren't accustomed to it.I worry about them and their stuff fading down the stretch. Even with all that said, you know a starter or 2 is going to miss time....you just don't go an entire year with the same 5 guys(more often than not). So we'll be looking at Shoemaker/Blanton definitely logging some big innings

Big in what sense? Number of innings, or ERA?

Lol yeah, Saunders in Arlington....I mean in Globe Life Park is not going to be pretty

which proves my point - if the Rangers, who have more SP depth than the Angels and more trade pieces, thought it was worth taking a flier on Saunders even given their ballpark, why wouldn't the Angels with their pitcher-friendly park? Again, not crying about Saunders specifically, but rather the lack of any move to add depth.

At this point you gotta believe that Dipoto doesn't believe anyone (other than Erv), would be any better than Michael Roth or Mark Sappington if it came down to that.  

People may not want to hear it but he may be thinking that if the teams finds itself needing to rely on a 6th or 7th SP then his best move as GM might be to trade guys off rather than try to continue to compete.  I'm not saying he's purposely trying to put the team in a position to lose but a case could be made that he believes either they are good enough or they aren't and if they aren't then the team really would be better off punting and gearing for 2015.  

I still think they are scouting other teams in hopes of picking up a guy that either can't be demoted or a veteran that refuses a minor league assignment.

Dipoto clearly believe Blanton will be an adequate #6 pitcher, with Shoemaker as #7.

Roth #8 and Sappington #9.

You guys hope for Blanton to be waived is gone.  I guess the question people should be discussing is if Joe Saunders would be better than Blanton.  If they are comparable than we are already paying Blanton so why waste time.

The available starters are, and have been, crap..this off season.

The pen is looking surprisingly deep.

I'm good with Richards, Santiago, and Skaggs, and a deeper pen, to start the season.

LOL at the gnashing of teeth over the "so called depth" that Dipoto has passed on.