• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This 18 year-old has it together (rolls eyes).

You're probably right Brandon, but that doesn't really matter. If the court is willing to hear the case, that will mean huge legal fees for the parents. I'm not sure what the percentages are, but I'm guessing a huge majority of these civil suits are all intended to produce settlements.

She might get $25K out of her parents just for the effort. 

Which may be the end goal anyway. Her attorney has likely told her that if the case goes to trial their chances of winning aren't great, but her parents may be willing to cough up a significant sum of cash just to make this go away and get it out of the media.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

The judge's comments today were encouraging for the parents' case. The judge said that he didn't want to set a precedent under which parents were reluctant to lay down rules in their own home for fear of being sued later. He also mentioned two drinking episodes after which she got in trouble at school, and said that it was reasonable for the parents to lay down rules after something like that happened.

I have seen some screwy rulings come out of courts in this country, but from what I have heard from the judge in this case, he isn't some wacko who will issue an off-the-wall ruling that will screw parents everywhere.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

It would be quite the precedence. She's 18, her parents legally don't owe her shit. Sucks that it has come to this, I'm guessing that they either raised a spoiled f'ing brat, or the parents are assholes that aren't capable of having a good relationship with their daughter.