• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Oscars

My personal favorite didn't even get nominated (Inside Llewyn Davis), but was happy to see 12 Years a Slave win Best Picture as it was the only one with a realistic chance to win that I would want to see win (I liked Her better overall but that didn't have a shot)

I actually joined an Oscar pool this year for the very first time. Didn't win, but did alright getting 88 points out of 100. Missed a couple of the little ones, and gave the Academy too much credit by guessing they would give The Act Of Killing the award for Best Documentary which it deserved, and thought they would give Hayao Miyazaki's The Wind Rises for Best Animation since he announced his retirement with that movie and it's actually great.

Edited by Sam Sanchez

I thought the songs were the best part of the Oscars.  I also find it kind of funny that they would celebrate the 75th anniversary of Wizard of Oz, when Wizard of Oz didn't even win best picture.  Although I gained new respect for Pink, she nailed that song.  Just goes to show that best picture, in most cases doesn't mean it was the best picture.  

The ads were getting kind of annoying, not that they had so many.  But they were so repetitive.  Really don't need to know about a TV show saying the same thing I won't watch every break.  Who cares if people come back to life, because there was nothing that made me think to myself I want to watch that from the commercials over and over.  They would have been better off having title sponsors with limited interruptions.  Kind of like what the Masters do every year.  Or having title sponsors that pay the big bucks, and having movie previews of this years upcoming biggies.  Heck even if it was just Disney movie previews, at least the breaks would have been more enjoyable.  Which is probably where Disney dropped the ball.  Instead of premiering GotG on Kimmel, they should have premiered it at the Oscars.  

I don't think you are understanding me. There's a Book Thief every year.

Yeah, I just got it now. I'm dumb.

Back to earlier to an earlier comment though, was I the only one that thought Ellen was pretty bad. It was very sloppy and seemed unrehearsed. There wasn't many "jokes" at all, just kind of awkward stumbling through bits.

Yeah, I just got it now. I'm dumb.

Back to earlier to an earlier comment though, was I the only one that thought Ellen was pretty bad. It was very sloppy and seemed unrehearsed. There wasn't many "jokes" at all, just kind of awkward stumbling through bits.

At times I thought she was funny.  But that pizza thing just dragged on and on.  They could have cut that out and been close to on time.  

The selfie though, that was pretty cool.  That was like movie product placing to the nth degree.  Samsung must have paid some big bucks to have Ellen walk around and use their phone.

But other than that, and her coming out as the good witch, nothing else to really remember.

I guess "bad" was a bit overboard, more just uninteresting as a host. The selfie thing I did kinda like but also dragged a bit for me. 

During the show, Harrison Ford was really uncomfortable to watch. Do we really want him back in the new Star Wars movie?

I saw Harrison Ford on Conan not too long ago and he was incredibly awkward too. Kept rubbing his leg over and over. Like a nervous tick. 

Never watched this before but we had it on last night in the background....I think I bought into the hype a little bit. The Ellen stuff broke up watch is a rather boring dragged event. We would look up for dumb stuff like the pizza or her running around to chat with her pals.

Kevin Spacey is a boss and was good on Kimmel after.

I guess "bad" was a bit overboard, more just uninteresting as a host. The selfie thing I did kinda like but also dragged a bit for me. 

During the show, Harrison Ford was really uncomfortable to watch. Do we really want him back in the new Star Wars movie?

If he's cast to be an old version of Han Solo then I am OK with that.