• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama eats crow

Your ridiculous post reminded me of

God forbid that we have better health care, give women 2+ years of maternity leave vs. 12 weeks (current in US), or to have mandated--and a substantial amount of--paid vacation.

This country is so far behind the EU in so many ways, so we'd be lucky if Obama tried to shift us more towards EU policies and approaches.

Of course the rednecks in this country are so fixated on being Proud to be 'Merican, that they miss the fact that the politicians they support are the same politicians that protect mega-corporations and don't give a shit about the working class.

Your redneck comment makes you as racist as anyone you choose to mock.  As far as Europe goes, yes they do have some good things over us.  They also have some pretty crappy things that we don't struggle with.  Also, much of their statistics are raised by the scandanavian nations who, for the most part, are homogeneous.  It is literally moronic to try to compare a country like Norway to the U.S.

Just because they didn't get it right doesn't mean that it would have been impossible to get it right or that there wasn't/isn't a great need for change in healthcare structure.

Oh I know Rally. Even though it was a sarcastic comment, I made sure to throw in the "as of right now." Having said that, a complete overhaul should not have meant those with existing coverage being affected so badly.

Society does, and society benefits

That is debatable.  Also extremely expensive.  Not to mention how many women take their two years of pay and then quit at the end.  How can you expect them to be ready to work after two years off?

Just because they didn't get it right doesn't mean that it would have been impossible to get it right or that there wasn't/isn't a great need for change in healthcare structure.

One of the things which Obamacare doesn't even begin to address is the outrageous and escalating COST of health care. That's the reason premiums are going up at almost exponential pace. Government subsidies arguably encourage providers to charge even more. We need to get a handle on the costs of care and prescriptions, up and down the line. 

It should have been the #1 thing they addressed with ACA.  It never happened for two reasons.  The Dr. lobby has tons of money, and it was easier for Obama to attack insurance companies than doctors and hospitals, because people already hate the insurance companies.

Do you have data on that or is that just assumption?

I know my company gives extended maternity rights, allowing up to nine months.  Of the ones I know of, more than half ended up quitting once the nine months were up.  Probably 7 out of 10.

I know my company gives extended maternity rights, allowing up to nine months.  Of the ones I know of, more than half ended up quitting once the nine months were up.  Probably 7 out of 10.

We're not talking about your company, we're talking about European countries that provide that service.

He didn't make any claims of fact. He simply asked if that may happen. You don't have any stats either.

I didn't read it as a question. It lacked a question mark. I read it as a statement of expectation that an undesirable amount of women don't return to work after their extended maternity leave in European countries. He furthered this by stating that at his company many women don't return to work. He clearly, absent of info, has a preexisting bias about European countries' maternity leave programs.

Not to mention how many women take their two years of pay and then quit at the end.

It was a question, "how many" usually infers question.  I failed by putting a period at the end.

Anyway there are a ton of issues with your proposal, you are just focusing on one part of it.  Our taxes are already way too high.  This country needs to cut, not continue to spend and pamper us.

"Not to mention" usually refers to a statement where the speaker is just omitting the exact details.

Usually like always. Not saying you didn't mistype. But in written and spoken English what you typed implied that a certain amount of women would leave and not come back and that that number would be considerable.

Edited by HaloMagic