• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bold prediction through 5 spring training innings

stevestevens

Chris Iannetta will be the best catcher in baseball now that he can finally see.

I dare anyone to play baseball with their eyes closed. It is pretty hard to do. That is basically what Chris has been doing.

I don't believe this. How can somebody have such a good eye for the ball (and a very good career OBP) and have terrible eye-sight? If this is true then wow, Iannetta may have a great season.

I have extrapolated today's performance through 4 innings across the whole season.  We will be 162-0, scoring 4,212 runs against the opposition's 324 runs.  Trout will hit 162 grand slams, finally becoming the AL MVP.  The World Series is ours.

man, that's gotta be a record. 

I have extrapolated today's performance through 4 innings across the whole season.  We will be 162-0, scoring 4,212 runs against the opposition's 324 runs.  Trout will hit 162 grand slams, finally becoming the AL MVP.  The World Series is ours.

sounds completely reasonable.

I have extrapolated today's performance through 4 innings across the whole season. We will be 162-0, scoring 4,212 runs against the opposition's 324 runs. Trout will hit 162 grand slams, finally becoming the AL MVP. The World Series is ours.

Season over.

Step, away, from, the, ledge...

Chris Iannetta will be the best catcher in baseball now that he can finally see.

I dare anyone to play baseball with their eyes closed. It is pretty hard to do. That is basically what Chris has been doing.

If he was the best he would have had this procedure done eight years ago.

Having your eyes closed and not having 'perfect vision' is kind of a big difference, btw.

I think he'll be a tad better, but just at offense.

If he was the best he would have had this procedure done eight years ago.

Having your eyes closed and not having 'perfect vision' is kind of a big difference, btw.

I think he'll be a tad better, but just at offense.

you should always catch with your eyes closed....that was his issue

Players with the highest OBP tend to swing the least.  That doesn't mean you can go up there and be a statue, but once you've established your presence in the league and pitchers develop a plan to get you out, the best hitters will tend swing a bit less knowing full well that they'll probably throw you 50% balls.

Well it could certainly help, but I wouldn't be surprised/upset with a .240-.250 average with a .350-.360 OBP and some improved defense from Iannetta. Throw in running into a couple more fastballs and sending them over the fence along with a continuously improving Conger. Catcher's not the position I'm worried about, it's the three young guns in the rotation I'm worried about (not because of their lack of talent or stuff, just lack of experience) 

It's funny because just about every guy on every team get's a pre spring tag about how this year will be better than last.  Best shape of my life. Improved eyesight. Changed arm angles.  Change of scenery.  New contract.  Walk year. etc, etc. 

A couple of these are bound to come true and the rest are forgotten by mid season.  Of all the ones that actually seem to pan out, the eyesight ones have the best chance.  Chris Ianetta becoming a .260 hitter suddenly makes him very very dangerous.