• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times: Angels May Trade/Release Blanton

YouthofToday

Yeah, and at least as far as FAs go, there's really not much left out there:

Odrisamer Despaigne (27)
Jon Garland (34)
Jair Jurrjens (28)
Jeff Karstens (31)
Jason Marquis (35)
Jeff Niemann (31)
Clayton Richard (30)
Ervin Santana (31)
Johan Santana (34)
Joe Saunders (33)
Barry Zito (36)

And that list still contains guys like Garland or Zito who are planning on sitting out 2014 and injured/rehabbing guys like Marquis/Niemann/Johan(who is also currently struggling to crack 80 mph).

Edited by jshep

I don't see the point of releasing Blanton unless they go find another starter.

All they're going to do is end up with someone just as bad or potentially worse to replace him.

Who could possibly be worse? We could probably have called up any pitcher in the organization and matched what Blanton gave us last year.

Who could possibly be worse? We could probably have called up any pitcher in the organization and matched what Blanton gave us last year.

If they're signing a few guys to minor league deals and can possibly trade Blanton to save some money, then I'm all for it.

I just don't necessarily agree that releasing him without any other moves makes sense. Then you're really stuck with no depth. And yes, I realize Blanton isn't very good depth but it just creates less depth by releasing him.

We all know Blanton blows but cutting him would be a bad move given our SP depth.

If we are counting on Blanton for anything beyond monitoring the temperature of the beer in the locker room, we might as well concede the season right now.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Yeah, and at least as far as FAs go, there's really not much left out there:

Odrisamer Despaigne (27)

Jon Garland (34)

Jair Jurrjens (28)

Jeff Karstens (31)

Jason Marquis (35)

Jeff Niemann (31)

Clayton Richard (30)

Ervin Santana (31)

Johan Santana (34)

Joe Saunders (33)

Barry Zito (36)

And that list still contains guys like Garland or Zito who are planning on sitting out 2014 and injured/rehabbing guys like Marquis/Niemann/Johan(who is also currently struggling to crack 80 mph).

Every single one of those guys with the exception of Marquis and the guy I've never heard of at the top of the list are better than Blanton.  Johan throwing 80 is better than Blanton throwing 90.  Bring back Jon Garland.