• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels might long for more short relief

AngelsWin.com

I think Kohn has earned himself a spot in the bullpen, Salas still has an option left, and I feel like this is Jepsen's last shot to prove himself even though we already know the outcome. Frieri, Smith, Burnett, DDLR, Moran, Kohn, and Jepsen is my guess for the Opening Day pen, I hope Burnett can get healthy in time

"He theorized a situation in which relievers would be called upon in the sixth inning two or three times a week, necessitating seven arms capable of pitching several times a week and on back-to-back days."

While I don't want him anywhere near the rotation, I think if Blanton has a good spring, you still have to give him a shot at long relief and keep him as long as he can perform.  You can always cut him after any bad outing and you'd still have that arm that didn't make the cut available in the minors.

Not carrying a long reliever with this particular rotation could easily blow up in Sosh's face.  Hopefully the bullpen isn't out of breath by the AS break.