• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Harold Reynolds and Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for the World Series

jshep

To celebrate this hiring, we should all enjoy some Harold Reynolds highlights:

"Not bunting is like telling a NFL team they can't throw deep. The bunt is an offensive weapon." - Harold Reynolds

"[Trout] is not scoring runs." - Harold Reynolds (Trout leads the AL in runs scored)

"McCutchen might not even be the MVP of his own team!" - Harold Reynolds

"You can talk about on-base percentage all you want, but I didn’t give [Votto] $225 million to put him on base.” - Harold Reynolds

"I see a right fielder who's going to give me great defense." - Harold Reynolds on Nelson Cruz

"The A's aren't walking a lot." - Harold Reynolds (they lead MLB in walk rate)

I like Reynolds better than McCarver. He seems to have adopted the 'anti-saber' attitude for controversy's sake.  Feels like he doesn't believe it to the level he proclaims it.  That schtick does make him a little more difficult to listen to.  I felt like he was better when he first started with mlb tv. 

To celebrate this hiring, we should all enjoy some Harold Reynolds highlights:

"Not bunting is like telling a NFL team they can't throw deep. The bunt is an offensive weapon." - Harold Reynolds

"[Trout] is not scoring runs." - Harold Reynolds (Trout leads the AL in runs scored)

"McCutchen might not even be the MVP of his own team!" - Harold Reynolds

"You can talk about on-base percentage all you want, but I didn’t give [Votto] $225 million to put him on base.” - Harold Reynolds

"I see a right fielder who's going to give me great defense." - Harold Reynolds on Nelson Cruz

"The A's aren't walking a lot." - Harold Reynolds (they lead MLB in walk rate)

I don't mind Harold Reynolds, and I am going to defend him here:  He is on the air 4 hours a day at least, and 6 months a year.  There is just too much time to fill.  So he says 5 or 10 idiotic things in six months.  Big whoop.

I'm one of the few that actually really enjoy Reynolds. He's not the most accurate or intelligent and that's not what he's going for. He's a positive guy with some charisma and a recognizable name that's well connected. I don't mind listening to him at all.

I'm with you.  I am not fighting a deathmatch over defending him.  But I like him.

The high point in McCarver's career was calling Scott Spiezio's home run seconds before the pitch.

"Down and in, and it's 5-3". And then the pitch from Felix Rodriguez came down and in.

That was pretty impressive.

Back in the old days (late 80's) - he used to do that stuff all the time.  He was quite impressive in his prime.