• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers Release Dallas McPherson

The Dodgers released infielder Dallas McPherson MLBTR has learned. The 32-year-old client of Pro Talent Sports Group is now a free agent.

McPherson signed a minor league deal with the Dodgers in December and had been re-assigned to minor league camp earlier this month. The former top prospect last appeared at the MLB level with the 2011 White Sox. A left-handed hitter, McPherson has 209 home runs and a .289/.370/.563 batting line over the course of ten minor league seasons.

per mlbtr.com

damn, still cant believe how hyped this guy was coming up through the Angels' system. Looks like he is moving on yet again...Too bad...

Brandon Wood hit a walk-off two-run homer Saturday to give the Royals a 4-2 win over the Rangers.

Has Wood finally arrived? Probably not. But a strong spring could earn him a bench role for the Royals. Baseball America's No. 3 prospect in 2006, Wood has struggled to turn talent into results at the major league level. He owns a .186 average in 700 major league at-bats since 2007.

per mlbtr.com

I feel for both Dallas and Brandon. to be that close to livin the dream, that could be soul crushing. It would be like getting the first 5 numbers of super lotto and missing out on the sixth, over and over again.

True, and both are quality individuals. However, they both still do what the vast majority of people only dream of, play professional baseball. They both have been on 40 man rosters, so they probably make the major league minimum, which is around 500 thousand. Minor league ball only goes for 5 in a half months, so they have the rest of the year off. 4 or 5 hundred thousand per year is far more than even the average high earning profession makes. They get to play a game for a living, so that disappointment will lessen over the years. They simply are not talented enough to stick at the major league level. That is the hard truth. While I can understand disappointment, life's hard. Being a career minor leaguer  at the AAA level is not a bad life, it is a pretty good one. Nothing to be ashamed of.

I feel for both Dallas and Brandon. to be that close to livin the dream, that could be soul crushing. It would be like getting the first 5 numbers of super lotto and missing out on the sixth, over and over again.

I'd take that. That's at least 200k a pop for 5 numbers and no sixth. 

True, and both are quality individuals. However, they both still do what the vast majority of people only dream of, play professional baseball. They both have been on 40 man rosters, so they probably make the major league minimum, which is around 500 thousand. Minor league ball only goes for 5 in a half months, so they have the rest of the year off. 4 or 5 hundred thousand per year is far more than even the average high earning profession makes. They get to play a game for a living, so that disappointment will lessen over the years. They simply are not talented enough to stick at the major league level. That is the hard truth. While I can understand disappointment, life's hard. Being a career minor leaguer  at the AAA level is not a bad life, it is a pretty good one. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Also, both McPherson and Wood played in the Major Leagues for a significant amount of time. To date, Wood has had 751 MLB plate appearances and DMac has had 414. Only a small percentage of those that play professional baseball get to that point. I know a lot of players that have come through Salt Lake; Mike Eylward, Adam Pavkovich, Tom Gregorio to name three that would have given anything to play one game and get one AB in the Major Leagues.