• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Every State's Favorite Band

Taylor

Also, the headline is misleading if you read the research constructed. It's more about abnormal support in comparison to other states.

Bonobo is pretty much down tempo instrumental. Kind of minimalist and probably falls more in line with an artsy crowd.

(at 1:24 is what I most think of their music even though the Japanese string intro is solid)

I read the wiki on Bonobo and I still have no clue.  Is he a KIIS FM type artist?

No, I don't think I've ever come across him on radio.

Mostly artsy/pseudo intellect types or what I can only describe as creative hip hop types that are into production.

I'm sure Bonobo's music has been in commercials and movies as well. 

No, I don't think I've ever come across him on radio.

Mostly artsy/pseudo intellect types or what I can only describe as creative hip hop types that are into production.

I'm sure Bonobo's music has been in commercials and movies as well. 

Ah, listened to the youtube, kinda dance music.  Explains why I have never heard of it.  I am also not artsy... at all.

Ah, listened to the youtube, kinda dance music.  Explains why I have never heard of it.  I am also not artsy... at all.

I liken it more to lounge or chill music.....something you can have in the background while accomplishing tasks. I thought this write up kind of sums up well what the style is, from a general perspective.

Artist Description: With the experimental warmth of '60s French films and the pizzicato flavor of horizontal hip-hop, Simon Green's Bonobo project established the welcome niche of a pretension-free, post-party intellectual chillout. An almost silent figure among Ibizian romanticists, Green began in Brighton, debuting in 1999 with a track on Tru Thoughts Recordings' When Shapes Join Together compilation. Though tempted by offers from Mute and XL after the official issue of "The Scuba EP" and the "Terrapin" single, Green stuck with Tru Thoughts for the acclaimed debut LP Animal Magic. Highlighted by downtempo dub, funk, and an equally likable use of sitars, Animal Magic was an obvious success and plans were quickly made for careful European support appearances, as well as a follow-up album, Dial "M" for Monkey, for Coldcut's Ninja Tune label.

thanks for the video, brandon. it helped, but i couldn't say i recognized them.

repetitious and not terribly interesting music. 

I looked it up and didn't recognize many of the commercials. Saw he was on the Californication OST, while I don't watch understand it's a hit show.

I beg to differ on the last part, musically speaking, but we have had many discussions about music and what is or isn't music. To each their own. I don't listen to enough Bonobo to be passionate and defend it, but am familiar enough to talk about him since these threads always end up in a direction of what people think music is and there ends up being a large quantity of people that think real music is extremely defined (usually the mold of a typical four piece rock band) and let some bias or prejudice get in the way of actual audio compositions. Not saying you, just remembering old threads.

The repetitious comment do intrigue me. Being a former bass player, I found that to be rather repetitous. I actually like the break beat and off beat styles that do the opposite and break up the music. But I guess repetitious is subjective. Some will hear a looped beat, consistent bass line in either hip hop or even something like The White Stripes "Seven Nation Army" which is fun to play, but also boring as hell of a song. Some will point to basic 4/4 composition with drums or even song structure of intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus, etc. Everything is always going to have some kind of rhythm or beat that is repetitious though.

Here is the non hipster version of the map.  I had no idea Jay Z was so popular.  I couldn't recognize more than two or three of his songs.

19gzffkvxxhn3png.png

If I am looking at it right, South Dakota is the only one that prefers a rock band unless you count Lorde as rock which I think she is more pop.

Edited by nate