• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

My brother in law is a sheriff in San Bernadino and he's a great guy, kind of a gentle giant type. He hated the streets part of being a cop, the unknown risks involved each day and the unknown hours. He now works a set schedule in the jails and prefers it over the streets. He says it's less risky dealing with inmates than it is dealing with the unknown parts of pulling people over or reporting to calls.

Because they do.  You don't think they do?

What specifically is so bad about it?  They're definitely not under-compensated if that's what you mean. 

Dealing with people's problems is undoubtedly frustrating at times, but that comes with the territory.  There's challenges, difficult people, and miserable circumstances in many other professions too.  

Don't you find your job pretty awful right now because of the Obamacare nonsense?

Nah... there's this asian cop bastard that pulled me over a half dozen times when our office was by the airport. he was a prick

My office is across the street from the airport. Thanks for the heads up.

I don't understand why you think it is getting ridiculous. It's not like Arch staton said innocent people should get hit by stray bullets because they have a different opinion than him. Maybe we are no better than the shitty cops out there. Btw, I know arch isn't serious but I find it interesting that no one said anything about his post.

What I said was that if stray bullets have to hit someone then it's fitting that it be those who applaud use of deadly force in public. It's 5 decades past putting a man on the moon. Have we honestly not discovered a non-lethal way to contain an unarmed suspect on a public street? Use of firearms by government enforcers should be absolute minimum and should be a huge deal every single time. The first rule of giving aid is do no harm. Live up to it.

Police wield government power.

What's your point?

Because if they want you dead, then you're dead. Either immediately or later when the goon squad rolls in with M-RAPS and flash bangs. They'll high-five each other over your corpse and call it "justice". BooYah! There is no escape. Such power cannot be entrusted to people of low character. They have all taken an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. If they violate that oath, either directly or by omission of action (Blue Code of Silence), the they are the domestic enemies of the Constitution. Those who follow that code are oathbreakers. I would much rather encounter any manner of criminal before an oathbreaker cop.

A recent example?

Police shoot two unarmed men in a car with 377 rounds.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06/police-shooting-frenzy-raises-concerns/

CBS4 News has learned a total of 23 officers fired a total of at least 377 rounds.

Bullets were sprayed everywhere. They hit the Volvo, other cars in the lot, fence posts and neighboring businesses. They blasted holes in a townhouse where a 12-year-old dove to the ground for cover and a four month old slept in his crib.

One of the slain was suspected of a shooting earlier. The other man was suspected of nothing.

That's an example of government power but certainly not of justice.

Saw one of Irvine's finest at the shell station this morning.I made sure my hands were visible and that I wasn't holding a stick of gum or a cup of coffee.

God forbid you walk out of a Chipotle with a tin foil wrapped burrito just as a cop was walking in.

What I said was that if stray bullets have to hit someone then it's fitting that it be those who applaud use of deadly force in public. It's 5 decades past putting a man on the moon. Have we honestly not discovered a non-lethal way to contain an unarmed suspect on a public street? Use of firearms by government enforcers should be absolute minimum and should be a huge deal every single time. The first rule of giving aid is do no harm. Live up to it.

If that's what you truly meant, that's fine. However you started your original post with " I only hope it's the ones who think this is ok who get hit with the stray bullets."

You can see why I interpreted your post that way. Everything else you said I agree with to a point.

One of the slain was suspected of a shooting earlier. The other man was suspected of nothing.

That's an example of government power but certainly not of justice.

The guy that reads my water meter wields government power. Should I be worried about him too?

“They were saying put your hands up, and the guys were still moving after they shot maybe 50, 60 times,” Vandiver recalled. “And the guy tried to put his hands up. And as soon as he put his hands up, it erupted again. And that was it for them. That guy tried his best to give up.”

Asked if he was certain the men in the car were trying to put their hands up, Vandiver replied: “I swear to God on everything I love, my kids my momma, everything, I seen it all.”

Nice execution. With cops shooting 377 rounds at two unarmed, uncharged people and a neighborhood, there were actually two officers shot. Idiots.ga4c7b48b.jpg

If that's what you got out of my post then you have more important things to be worried about.

Maybe you shouldn't make a general "government power" post if you want to be taken Seriously.

Now go back to your iPod and listen to more MDC

Edited by TobiasFunke