• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

Definitely a horrific tragedy. But it's funny how easily the body camera footage comes out when the police are the victims. When it's the other way around, the body cam footage "disappears" or is kept private until a judge orders it admissable in court.

28 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Definitely a horrific tragedy. But it's funny how easily the body camera footage comes out when the police are the victims. When it's the other way around, the body cam footage "disappears" or is kept private until a judge orders it admissable in court.

You should pay more attention

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

Kind of sad that is where you went with this.

16 hours ago, Taylor said:

Those that have adopted body cams for their police force have actually been more forthcoming of their videos in a much more timely manner.  Problem is not everyone has adopted them yet, for instance LAPD has but Sheriffs have not so far. 

But keep living in your world. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Probably be found guilty on what he’s accused of. I think there’s a good chance he will be fired 

Dude, he was caught by security guards with the cash on the premises and brandished a departmental weapon. He should have been fired long before the ink dried on his fingertips.

47 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Dude, he was caught by security guards with the cash on the premises and brandished a departmental weapon. He should have been fired long before the ink dried on his fingertips.

I get it but he still gets his due process. Like I said, he will get fired and then thrown in prison. At least he isn’t getting paid

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Does this really surprise you?

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/7/2022 at 7:32 AM, Jason said:

This is pretty brilliant, but it will probably result in some legal action against the police, or at least made to be against the rules.

I love that the DMCA is so draconian that the police are using it to shut down the first amendment. Truly beautiful work.

My experience is that copyright infringement would only apply if the You tuber were to insert the music into the video without clearance and would not apply to a third party playing that music in the background if the content is considered news dissemination and the focus is the event taking place, not the music.  

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

My experience is that copyright infringement would only apply if the You tuber were to insert the music into the video without clearance and would not apply to a third party playing that music in the background if the content is considered news dissemination. 

The youtube algorithm will auto ban the video almost instantly and place a copy strike against the uploader. The uploader can fight the strike but since it's Disney they will reject their appeal out of hand and the strike will stick. The DMCA grants the registered copyright holder the power to make the final decision. The only way it would go differently is if there is political pressure on them to  make a different decision.

" Also, just because you recorded something yourself does not always mean you own all rights to upload it to YouTube. If your recording includes someone else's copyrighted content, like copyrighted music playing in the background, you'll still need permission from the appropriate rights owners."

Now I'm no lawyer but I'm tossing around in my head how this might play out legally.

The DMCA and the crazy terms of service of YouTube really have nothing to do with what the officers are doing specifically. This is a police officer playing music at work really loud. So the question then becomes, is it legal for a police officer to play music at work? If the answer is no, then does that mean it is illegal for anyone to play music while on the job, or just police officers? If officers are not allowed to play music, can a friendly neighbor be asked to start blasting some 'LET IT GOOOOO!!' to achieve the same result?

This could go some interesting places.

• 2 weeks later...