• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

It really sucks he died and we need truthful answers of what exactly happened. Having said that, why did he run? Why wouldn't he pull over or comply? It is easier after the fact to say he was unarmed but not so easy while the situation was actually happening.

Another shitty end to something that didn't have to happen. Both sides are at fault in my opinion.

Of course he shouldn't have ran.  What he should have received for that was a nice slam to the ground, and extra jail time.

Instead he got a death sentence without a trial.  Also, the cops endangered others by firing a bunch of rounds outside.

Thinking about it, maybe he ran because he felt his life was in danger. 

I agree with you mt as I stated above. The cops absolutely could have done something better. Hindsight is hindsight though and who knows what the cops were thinking as the guy continued to evade police through a car chase (albeit a slow one as reported), refused to comply, and then ran.

I'm assuming that last part in your post was made in jest although you partly believe it? Just to clarify.

I agree with you mt as I stated above. The cops absolutely could have done something better. Hindsight is hindsight though and who knows what the cops were thinking as the guy continued to evade police through a car chase (albeit a slow one as reported), refused to comply, and then ran.

I'm assuming that last part in your post was made in jest although you partly believe it? Just to clarify.

Yep

We've got a pretty good track record of finding no fault with police and getting these guys back on the beat immediately. Why would they show any caution?

The idiot cops in the Kelly Thomas murder were fired by Fullerton, correct? I thought I read that somewhere. At least there are a couple I guess that won't be on the beat anymore.

Edited by Kevin

Yep

Kelly Thomas would agree with this if he could. So I understand why you think so. Most likely though this guy would be alive.

I've had good experiences with cops and really crappy ones so I guess I tend to be somewhat neutral. If you guys want to find a gold mine of info on corrupt cops, take some time to look up West Valley, UT cops. That should keep you busy for awhile.

I live in a small town, I pretty much know all the police here.  Good guys.  Not great cops, but solid.  However the chief of police is one of the biggest bully douchebags in this entire area.

The majority are man. 

The fact that most of the ones you've met have been good guys, yet you base your assumptions and beliefs off of what you see and read on the internet is pretty offensive.

Edited by Poozy

The idiot cops in the Kelly Thomas murder were fired by Fullerton, correct? I thought I read that somewhere. At least there are a couple I guess that won't be on the beat anymore.

Yes, three cops were fired, but appeals are pending to get their jobs back.  The police chief has said he won't reinstate them unless a judge forces his hand. 

The majority are man. 

The fact that most of the ones you've met have been good guys, yet you base your assumptions and beliefs off of what you see and read on the internet is pretty offensive.

You fail again to understand the point of this entire exercise.  Are most cops killers, or criminals?  No. However, a majority of cops seem to look the other way when bad behavior happens.  This is my biggest problem with the police in general.  I'm sure if you know individual people behind the badge they are like everyone else, but the system they have built insulates them from society and their attitude of protecting their own no matter what has cost them the public perception many of them crave so badly.

The majority are man.

I didn't realize that this thread was titled "Small-Town Montana Cops Specifically In mtangelsfan's Small Montana Town of Residence."

Good looking out.

His cavalier approach to this on the basis of nothing but what he reads on the internet is outrageous.

Edited by RallyMo

I didn't realize that this thread was titled "Small-Town Montana Cops Specifically In mtangelsfan's Small Montana Town of Residence."

Good looking out.

His cavalier approach to this on the basis of nothing but what he reads on the internet is outrageous.

So you've met and talked to cops in real life right?

How's your experience been.

It's actually amazing to see people try to justify the shooting by stating that we don't know why the suspect was running away. Who the **** cares?

seriously.

like whenever cops ask dudes, "why did you run away?"

"uhhhhh because you're the f****** cops"

It's actually amazing to see people try to justify the shooting by stating that we don't know why the suspect was running away. Who the **** cares?

Not sure who you are directing this at.

I don't remember anyone justifying anything. Good try though. Plus I stated the cops ****ed up. However I put blame on both parties. Guy wouldn't pull over during a slow speed chase. He followed that up by not getting out of his vehicle and complying. Then he runs. That does not justify the cops shooting and killing him, misunderstanding or not but the guy should not have run. He caused a whole new situation to unfold. Sucks he died and any wrongdoing should be dealt with when it comes to the cops.

Edited by Kevin

That does not justify the cops shooting and killing him, misunderstanding or not

Yep. The man running did not give the cops the right to shoot him. So it's pretty irrelevant when determining who is at fault for his death. Glad we agree.

Edited by HaloMagic

Sorry, but spitting blood does not equal being shot.  

At all.  Dude is an a-hole douchebag and I hope he gets as long as humanly possible prison sentence but it is not even close to the same and his behavior does not give the police any quarter to have a "shoot first" mentality.

Spitting blood is considered assault and you have a right to defend yourself.

He did nothing wrong with shooting the scumbag.

Edited by Poozy

Spitting blood is considered assault and you have a right to defend yourself.

He did nothing wrong with shooting the scumbag.

While I'll agree that spitting blood is considered assault, I don't agree that someone should be shot for doing it.

What is the appropriate response? I would probably punch him in his spitting mouth. Or maybe they should just burlap sack all these bastards.