• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

There are some really great cops out there that understand community policing. Not creating a "us against them" type of environment. "

Unfortunately a lot of cops just don't understand or don't care about community policing and go against everything a cop should be.

I'm not saying you should be a rocket scientist to become a cop but because the standards are so low to become one, you are more than likely to get the bottom of the barrel. You guys should google NPOST test questions. These questions are made of basic math, writing, spelling, and grammar. There are three different tests (test A, B, and C) just in case you don't pass the first and second time. The only penalty is you have to wait a certain period of time if you don't pass before you can retake it. Not to unfairly judge some people but when I took it there were people who were taking test B and even some who were taking test C because they hadn't passed the first time. This is the test that will allow you to apply for police departments. Obviously from there it gets tougher and they weed some people out but there are cops out there that have taken the NPOST a couple of times or barely passed it. I wouldn't be surprised if the cops in these stories are some of them.

There are some really great cops out there that understand community policing. Not creating a "us against them" type of environment. "

Unfortunately a lot of cops just don't understand or don't care about community policing and go against everything a cop should be.

I'm not saying you should be a rocket scientist to become a cop but because the standards are so low to become one, you are more than likely to get the bottom of the barrel. You guys should google NPOST test questions. These questions are made of basic math, writing, spelling, and grammar. There are three different tests (test A, B, and C) just in case you don't pass the first and second time. The only penalty is you have to wait a certain period of time if you don't pass before you can retake it. Not to unfairly judge some people but when I took it there were people who were taking test B and even some who were taking test C because they hadn't passed the first time. This is the test that will allow you to apply for police departments. Obviously from there it gets tougher and they weed some people out but there are cops out there that have taken the NPOST a couple of times or barely passed it. I wouldn't be surprised if the cops in these stories are some of them.

This has nothing to do with what is being discussed. It comes down to being a decent human being. A lot of cops aren't, but the majority are.

Edited by Poozy

And those stupid tests have nothing to do with the subject. It comes down to being a decent human being. A lot of cops aren't, but the majority are.

Poozy I already said there are really good cops and I acknowledged there are a ton of bad ones. Of course it comes down to being a decent human being but the tests aren't stupid. I don't want to over generalize but I don't know if a guy should be given a gun and badge when they struggle with basic math skills. I'm not saying they can't be good cops but I think you can understand why I would be hesitant.

I have a story that I though I'd share that happened this past weekend.  My friends and I went out to the bars in Newport.  We always have a designated driver who doesn't have a single drink, and rotate accordingly as each weekend goes by.  

My "lucky" friend was pulled over on the 55 by the CHP.  He pulled my friend, the driver, out of the car and "questioned" him.  His questions began with how much my friend had to drink to which my friend replied, "none." He asked it again and told my friend not to lie this time.  My friend answered exactly the same.  The cop then threatened my friend with jail if he "kept this up."  Finally, my friend asked for a breathalyzer test.  The cop was furious and got into his face and yelled at him, "are you telling me how to do my job?"  After another 15 minutes the cop along with his three friends (back up that came) left us to go home.

I couldn't believe it.  They were trying to essentially force my friend to admit to drinking even though he didn't.  Unbelievable.

Wow! That is bullshit. I would be so pissed off.

"Investigations are ongoing, but it has been revealed that the officers who shot him have received training about the use of bean bag shotguns. They are issued guidelines about specific factors to consider before shooting their target. One of their factors?"

Well at least they got training on the matter...

I have a story that I though I'd share that happened this past weekend.  My friends and I went out to the bars in Newport.  We always have a designated driver who doesn't have a single drink, and rotate accordingly as each weekend goes by.  

My "lucky" friend was pulled over on the 55 by the CHP.  He pulled my friend, the driver, out of the car and "questioned" him.  His questions began with how much my friend had to drink to which my friend replied, "none." He asked it again and told my friend not to lie this time.  My friend answered exactly the same.  The cop then threatened my friend with jail if he "kept this up."  Finally, my friend asked for a breathalyzer test.  The cop was furious and got into his face and yelled at him, "are you telling me how to do my job?"  After another 15 minutes the cop along with his three friends (back up that came) left us to go home.

I couldn't believe it.  They were trying to essentially force my friend to admit to drinking even though he didn't.  Unbelievable.

That sucks..  I have had some pretty shitty dealings with CHP, and found them to be overly Officious.

Poozy I already said there are really good cops and I acknowledged there are a ton of bad ones. Of course it comes down to being a decent human being but the tests aren't stupid. I don't want to over generalize but I don't know if a guy should be given a gun and badge when they struggle with basic math skills. I'm not saying they can't be good cops but I think you can understand why I would be hesitant.

I'm not sure about those tests, but the academies the majority of them go through isn't a cake walk. 

That is what is supposed to weed out the unqualified ones.

You don't just sign up to be a cop and they give you a gun and badge. 

I don't really care if a cop fails some algebra crap on a standardized test. 

Edited by Poozy

I'm not sure about those tests, but the academies the majority of them go through isn't a cake walk.

That is what is supposed to weed out the unqualified ones.

You don't just sign up to be a cop and they give you a gun and badge.

I don't really care if a cop fails some algebra crap on a standardized test.

Oh I know and that's why I mentioned the academy weeding others out. Also it is not some algebra crap. We are talking simple addition, subtraction, etc.

So, remember how the FBI just murdered that friend of the Boston Marathon bomber then changed their story a bunch of times?

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/officials-fbi-agent-cleared-in-florida-shooting

No worries for them.  They have been cleared.  This country is screwed.

Why are we worried about the Russians again?

So, remember how the FBI just murdered that friend of the Boston Marathon bomber then changed their story a bunch of times?

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/officials-fbi-agent-cleared-in-florida-shooting

No worries for them.  They have been cleared.  This country is screwed.

Why are we worried about the Russians again?

I was wondering whatever became of that.

Wow.