• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

...and tobasco

They just keep falling in my bag! When I get home, and find all the extra stuff I get too embarrassed to bring them back so I just keep them.

Also Chipotle napkins are a great substitute if you ever run out of toilet paper.

I went to Wahoos for the first time in a couple years the other day. I forgot how much I liked stealing Gringo Bandito from them.

Edited by st1ckboy

I'm no police apologist (usually on the contrary), but this thread is getting ridiculous. Since LB is our resident cop he's getting put on trial on here? Come on people.

That being said, LB what's your favorite WWI and WWII plane?

Oh man!  TF, I LOVE classic war-planes!  We get to see them here in LB once a year at the airport, and they were on display just a week or so ago.  The B17 bomber (one of only a handful remaining that are flight-capable) takes passengers on flights over the weekend.  It's a blast to see these classics flying overhead, and listen to them takeoff/land.

I'd have to say that my favorite planes are the P51 Mustang and the Corsair (from "Baa Baa Blacksheep" tv show, remember?!), but the German Stuka and Japanese Zero were pretty good planes too.  I like the B24 and B17, and classic bi-planes too!  

I have worked a few shifts as observer in our helicopter because of my interest in flight.

Oh man! TF, I LOVE classic war-planes! We get to see them here in LB once a year at the airport, and they were on display just a week or so ago. The B17 bomber (one of only a handful remaining that are flight-capable) takes passengers on flights over the weekend. It's a blast to see these classics flying overhead, and listen to them takeoff/land.

I'd have to say that my favorite planes are the P51 Mustang and the Corsair (from "Baa Baa Blacksheep" tv show, remember?!), but the German Stuka and Japanese Zero were pretty good planes too. I like the B24 and B17, and classic bi-planes too!

I have worked a few shifts as observer in our helicopter because of my interest in flight.

I don't remember that show but you're talking about the F-4

You are making some bizarre arguments in this thread.

One of my arguments is it's lame that you guys are giving it to LBhalo just cause he's a cop on this board. My other argument is that dudes general comment about wielding government power is ridiculous. If you think they're bizarre then ok.

One of my arguments is it's lame that you guys are giving it to LBhalo just cause he's a cop on this board. My other argument is that dudes general comment about wielding government power is ridiculous. If you think they're bizarre then ok.

You keep saying "you guys" when it is only one guy.  Everything else is him responding and us responding back.  Nobody is calling him names or saying he's a bad officer or anything like that. 

As far as the other, you are fixating on one small comment.  However, I don't really see the problem with questioning government having too much power, not with the NSA and the Patriot Act or even California thinking about tracking your car's every move.  What is so ridiculous about being concerned about that?

Maybe you shouldn't make a general "government power" post if you want to be taken Seriously.

Now go back to your iPod and listen to more MDC

I don't own an ipod and I don't know what MDC is.

Sorry if you thought my reply was harsh but you response that a DWP meter reader was exercising government power was stupid.

A contract with a municipal water service is completely voluntary. You don't have to do it. If you choose to enter into that contract then an expectation of that contract is that they read your meter. The same as if your water service would be a private company. No power is used with voluntary interactions.

Can you see how voluntary interactions are different than a troop of police surrounding a car with unarmed men and firing 377 rounds into it?

Sorry if you thought my reply was harsh but you response that a DWP meter reader was exercising government power was stupid.

I never said anything about DWP. our meter readers work for the City. Local government. Do they wield some special power also? What about local Code Enforcement?

Or is it just cops that have this government power?

I never said anything about DWP. our meter readers work for the City. Local government. Do they wield some special power also? What about local Code Enforcement?

Or is it just cops that have this government power?

You appear to be having a cognition issue or are merely trolling. You took issue with the words "government power". Nowhere have I asserted that police are the only ones who wield government power, but that is what you have been arguing against.

I could continue trying to discuss this topic with you but I anticipate a response of perhaps another profession that you think uses government power or maybe another Ipod suggestion. Tedious. Thus far you seem incapable of rational thought.

I accept that challenge. We'll meet back here at midnight on May 10th, 2015. Then we'll see what kind of interesting things I bring to the table.

Sounds like something Tad would say in one of his epic videos.

Can you make an epic Tad-esque video?

Here's something that combines two of our favorite subjects.

A "systematic" culture of bullying within the top tiers of the Police Federation has been identified by MPs in a damning new report.

The Home Affairs Committee said it had heard "alarming allegations of bullying and unprofessional conduct within the Federation, particularly at the Headquarters," during an inquiry into the organisation.

http://news.sky.com/story/1262622/police-federation-faces-bullying-claims

Not sure if this belongs here, technically it does:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/n-h-police-commissioner-calls-president-obama-n-word-won-apologize-resign-article-1.1794249

This is from the town I was born and grew up in. I thought it was pretty funny.

tl;dr version: Old white police commissioner calls Obama the N word in a restaurant, gets overheard, person complains, commissioner refuses to apologize.

Not sure if this belongs here, technically it does:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/n-h-police-commissioner-calls-president-obama-n-word-won-apologize-resign-article-1.1794249

This is from the town I was born and grew up in. I thought it was pretty funny.

tl;dr version: Old white police commissioner calls Obama the N word in a restaurant, gets overheard, person complains, commissioner refuses to apologize.

Was anyone surprised this guy would call Obama the n-word?

wolfeboro16n-3-web.jpg?enlarged