• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arkansas Travelers

Cdaniel

thought for some reason he was still getting time at 3b but I guess not. 

I wonder who they have tagged for the rotation there besides sapps.

Probably Sneed.  Maybe Keudell?  Any chance Rucinski gets a crack at AA this year?  I'm intrigued by that guy. 

Perhaps Roth and Piazza? 

Roth may spend time in AA or AAA, though I think the Angels are leaning toward AAA, but a lot of that depends on his Spring.  The plan for Bedrosian for now is to actually have him start the season in AA, but again, a lot of that depends on his Spring.  As far as I've been told, Snyder wasn't an option at 3B after Rookie Ball, it was evident the necessary skill set wasn't there. 

Borenstein is just about a lock to start the year in AA Arkansas.  He really struggled in the AFL and in AAA they already have Cron, Navarro, Pena for 1B/DH, so one is either going to need to transition into the OF (Navarro perhaps) or one will need to be on the major league roster (Pena most likely to begin the season.  They have Boesch, Cowgill, Lopez, Heid and Long for the OF.  This isn't to say Borenstein won't be surpassing some of them on the depth chart, he certainly can with a good season. 

They have Boesch, Cowgill, Lopez, Heid and Long for the OF.  This isn't to say Borenstein won't be surpassing some of them on the depth chart, he certainly can with a good season. 

By virtue of his upside alone, Borenstein has basically already surpassed them on the depth chart.

Cowgill is a Quad-A player and has been dreadful in MLB. Long is decent but will turn 27 this year. Heid is 26 and nothing special. Boesch is a league average MLB player. Navarro will turn 28 this year. Pena was finished two years ago.

I agree Borenstein is likely to start the year in AA because these guys basically have to play in AAA, but none of these players will stand in his way if he rakes.

And like I said in terms of upside, it's not even close.

Edited by Llewyn Davis

• 4 weeks later...